• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick-Draw Ricochet: Game Over; you can only avoid the sudden-ness of death for so long... Unless you're Werekill

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
^unrelated but good song to set the mood^

"Welcome one and all to the DGames Death Ring! Do you have what it takes to be the fastest gunslinger in this side of the 'boards? Well, there isn't any time to answer because everybody else in the ring is already unholstered! We're going to have a showdown tonight ladies and gentlemen."

"I'm your host, UtopianPoyzin: live at the Death Ring for a good 'ole fashioned, realistic game of Ricochet. The way it was meant to be played. From here on out, there are no 'extra lives' and 'more HP' garbage. You get hit once, you dead son. No theming, just straight gunning."

"Of course, you have options; you don't need to go all guns-blazing mode all the time. If you aren't already familiar with the rules of the game, here's a quick refresher. I'll be right back, after the break."

• Each player has 1 HEALTH POINT. No more, no less. There is one item that gives a player a base of 2 HP, but thats besides the point because only one player gets it.
  • There are 5 STANDARD ACTIONS that you can perform, a twist from prior.

• Shoot [Player]: Deals one damage to a player of your choice. Unless they shoot self, of course.
  • Shoot Self: If you are attacked by a player, reflects all damage back to your attackers. If you are not attacked at all when shooting self, you suffer one damage.
  • Shoot Air: Deals no damage, but it makes the sky pretty upset. Your most neutral move in your arsenal. If attacked with a penetrating shot, you take no damage.
  • Defend [Player]: Negates one damage that would have been dealt to the targeted player. Excess damage past 1 is dealt to you. Does not protect yourself from being shot. You cannot defend yourself.
  • Misfire: The default action if no action is submitted. Yes you can also request to misfire for some reason. If you misfire, you do "nothing" on the phase you use it. If you misfire twice in a row, you take one damage.
  • [However, the phase directly after you misfire, you deal trade-off damage. For example:
    • Normal shots deal 1.5 damage to your target. and deals 0.5 damage to you.
    • Failed self shots deal 1.5 damage to you. Successful self-shots are unaffected.
    • Air shots deal 0.5 damage to you.
    • Defending somebody deals 0.5 damage to you in addition to defending 1.5 hits.
  • The 1.5 doesn't have a huge impact in this game, but misfires will return in my upcoming game, so I'm implementing it now.]
  • Additionally, you can use one item per phase along with your standard action. There is no shop to buy such items; they are instead voted upon in this thread. There will always be two items up for grabs for these first three phases. The player with the most votes gets the firstly mentioned item, and the second most votes gets the secondly mentioned item. Y'all have done this before.

"Well, it seems like this is going to be a short one! I just received confirmation that this game will be a maximum of four phases long, and that if the game stretches to four phases, the only options available become Shooting actions. Even though in all honesty, defending and misfiring aren't that good of options on as lightning-fast of a game as this."

"Huh, more information just seems to have arrived. Apparently this game will comment regardless of player count at 3:30 PM EST on March 2nd; this is going to start sooner than I thought! With that being said, your loving host and announcer UtopianPoyzin, signing out."

"Reminder, if you REAAALLY feel the need to make an ingame PM to another player, make sure you include me in it."

Current standoff-ers list:
  1. Werekill
  2. ToasterBrains
  3. giraffelasergun
  4. Z25
  5. ShinyLegendary
  6. Moydow
  7. Alice Phantasma
  8. #HBC | Nabe
  9. Pokechu

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Also thanks moy for already having a list of people put together that I can copy and paste over here.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Opossum Opossum AlphaSSB AlphaSSB Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel @ShinyLegendary

And to those who couldn't play My Mafia Academia and probably can't play this either, just wanted to say that at the rate we are getting players, we'll probably be able to start today. (Also if a ninth signs up at the last minute I probably wouldn't turn them away.)

D

Deleted member

/in
Also thanks moy for already having a list of people put together that I can copy and paste over here.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Opossum Opossum AlphaSSB AlphaSSB Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel @ShinyLegendary

And to those who couldn't play My Mafia Academia and probably can't play this either, just wanted to say that at the rate we are getting players, we'll probably be able to start today. (Also if a ninth signs up at the last minute I probably wouldn't turn them away.)
Sorry for missing the MHA mafia, I was busy for other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I won't sign up on this one but I just want to let everyone know sign ups are still open for MHA Mafia, it's only going to start next Wednesday. If anyone still wants to join, you can ask me to add you on my thread.

Actually have to thank Utopian for this game, it's gonna be something to keep you guys occupied until I can host mine lol

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Lore Lore Pyra Pyra giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Z25 Z25 @ShinyLegendary Moydow Moydow Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

Change of plans, the 8 player quota has been reached, so we are going to start earlier than planned. The game now starts at 3:30 PM EST, or approximately 65 minutes from now. Just letting you know to head on back around that time to cast your votes and your actions.

No the game hasn't started yet. It will soon.

In other news, that means that I can do some last minute tags to see if anybody else wants in on Pandemonium: The Game.

KickleCubiclist KickleCubiclist I know I was mad at you for shooting yourself to death in the last game and we butted heads a bit, but now you can do it again! Try a Sudden Death!

Pokechu Pokechu Moydow wants to beat you so come back

Maven89 Maven89 You can give more items to Pokechu! That's cool right?

@UhhhhEverybody else in MHA Mafia who wants something to do while you wait.

GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 I know you aren't usually over in these parts of town, but try it! It tastes good. You've been around for too long to not have had a part in some good-ole fashioned gunslinging.

@tagthatdoesn'twork

The game starts at 3:30 regardless
Update to this: the flavor text took much longer than anticipated so the game starts when the post goes up. I'm working on it if this is the last post in the thread.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
yeah sure /in forgot to post last tiime

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, It's your host UtopianPoyzin, live at the DGames Death Ring to witness the utter pandemonium. This is going to be a good one! Since I last spoke to you, we have received word that there are NINE audience members who have stepped forward to prove their worth as the speediest gunslinger on these sides of the 'boards. We have our contenders all rounded up and in their positions, all of their fingers on the triggers. In the next 24 hours, we will see who lives, and who dies.

In these coming phases, we will see some fierce competition: Werekill, ToasterBrains, giraffelasergun, Z25, ShinyLegendary, Moydow, Alice Phantasma, #HBC|Nabe, and Pokechu will be facing off to see who will be the last standing. The arena has been prepared. Everybody is anxious. Each contender has already stared the others down. Let's get ready to ruuummmbbbllle!"

"The games have now begun!"

Items up for grabs. To vote for somebody to receive an item say "Vote: Player" in the thread. Each person only has one vote, and cannot decide which item is received by the player they vote for.
Thank Nabe because you cannot vote for yourself.

Item 1, owned by Werekill: The Breakshot

Use alongside a standard shot to pierce reflection and negation (and nullification, see below).

Item 2, owned by #HBC | Nabe: PortaBarrier [Player]

Use with a player name (can be yourself) to nullify all damage that would be dealt to said player on the turn it was used.

Item 3, which has been discarded: QUICK-DRAW [Player]

The staple item of the game, and also the namesake. Lets you perform your action instantaneously to the player of your choice without waiting for the phase to end. If you kill that player with the action, then they can no longer act themselves (because they're dead), even if they self-shoot. Still, even if THEY are dead, they can still be defended by another player (for balancing purposes).​

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know what?

Vote: shinylegendary port a barrier

Vote: giraffe breakshot

Vote moy: quick draw

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
You know what?

Vote: shinylegendary port a barrier

Vote: giraffe breakshot

Vote moy: quick draw
You vote for one player. Sorry, Should have made that clear. The person with the most votes picks an item, and the person with second most votes picks one of the remaining items. The third item then is discarded.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You vote for one player. Sorry, Should have made that clear. The person with the most votes picks an item, and the person with second most votes picks one of the remaining items. The third item then is discarded.
Oh sorry about that.

I’ll stick with my first vote then since I was picking randomly.

Vote: shinylegendary

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Lore Lore Pyra Pyra giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Z25 Z25 @ShinyLegendary Moydow Moydow Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

Change of plans, the 8 player quota has been reached, so we are going to start earlier than planned. The game now starts at 3:30 PM EST, or approximately 65 minutes from now. Just letting you know to head on back around that time to cast your votes and your actions.

No the game hasn't started yet. It will soon.

In other news, that means that I can do some last minute tags to see if anybody else wants in on Pandemonium: The Game.

KickleCubiclist KickleCubiclist I know I was mad at you for shooting yourself to death in the last game and we butted heads a bit, but now you can do it again! Try a Sudden Death!

Pokechu Pokechu Moydow wants to beat you so come back

Maven89 Maven89 You can give more items to Pokechu! That's cool right?

@UhhhhEverybody else in MHA Mafia who wants something to do while you wait.

GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 I know you aren't usually over in these parts of town, but try it! It tastes good. You've been around for too long to not have had a part in some good-ole fashioned gunslinging.

@tagthatdoesn'twork

The game starts at 3:30 regardless
Update to this: the flavor text took much longer than anticipated so the game starts when the post goes up. I'm working on it if this is the last post in the thread.
I wish I knew where I was and what is going on.

KickleCubiclist

Smash Apprentice
*hey, nobody has submitted actions so far, so I can slide you in if you really want to play... but you didn't hear that from me*

Edit: For now before anybody submits anything, play Ricochet as if Kickle is a player. If Kickle doesn't want to play, then take actions off of him if they were even there to begin with.
Eh, I don’t really have time for that type of commitment to the game. Plus, I’m not really that into Smash right now, so I’ll sit this one out. Just remember to always tag me when there’s a new game, just in case I’m online for some reason.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Eh, I don’t really have time for that type of commitment to the game. Plus, I’m not really that into Smash right now, so I’ll sit this one out. Just remember to always tag me when there’s a new game, just in case I’m online for some reason.
Fair enough, all good.

(Smash wasn't the theme it was only for the FD music)

Top Bottom