• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick-Draw Ricochet: Game Over; you can only avoid the sudden-ness of death for so long... Unless you're Werekill

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
On the turn that you use it, the Super Armor will increase your life capacity to 2 hits and will heal 1 hitpoint of damage. If you aren't targeted during the phase you use it, your HP becomes 2/2. If you ARE targeted and you take a damage, you are still at 1/2. If two or more people target you, you'll still die.
Exactly as written. Increases your life from 1/1 to 2/2. If you fail a self shot, you go down to 1/2.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
In that case, I will take the Super Armor.

To everyone: I will be using the Super Armor and Shooting Self this round. Decide amongst yourselves who you will shoot, but be warned: shooting me will not work.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
omg wait... I won an item??? HOORAY!!!!

I'm so sorry Alice omg.... next time for sure like it's going to be my GOAL to set you on the throne.... you've lost far too many Ricochets

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Go Splitshot and make people sweat. Or die in a blaze of failure, either way with that item lol. I was really tempted to grab it; the gamble seemed delicious.

Oh, and also: Giraffe chose my target last round. I kept my word, and I remembered the face of my father.

And this round, I will shoot for the White again. Hile, Gunslingers!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I did not know misfire plus air would lead to some damage, huh.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I did not know misfire plus air would lead to some damage, huh.
  • [However, the phase directly after you misfire, you deal trade-off damage. For example:
    • Normal shots deal 1.5 damage to your target. and deals 0.5 damage to you.
    • Failed self shots deal 1.5 damage to you. Successful self-shots are unaffected.
    • Air shots deal 0.5 damage to you.
    • Defending somebody deals 0.5 damage to you in addition to defending 1.5 hits.
  • The 1.5 doesn't have a huge impact in this game, but misfires will return in my upcoming game, so I'm implementing it now.]
Edit: Also if anybody was waiting for the flavor, I was shoveling my driveway and am actually starting now (at 6:45)

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Items up for grabs. To vote for somebody to receive an item say "Vote: Player" in the thread. Each person only has one vote, and cannot decide which item is received by the player they vote for.
Thank Nabe because you cannot vote for yourself.

Item 1: Safety Corner

Lets you shoot self without penalty (no damage for self shots) for one turn when you use it.

Item 2: QUICK-DRAW [Player]

The staple item of the game, and also the namesake. Lets you perform your action instantaneously to the player of your choice without waiting for the phase to end. If you kill that player with the action, then they can no longer act themselves (because they're dead), even if they self-shoot. Still, even if THEY are dead, they can still be defended by another player (for balancing purposes).

Item 3: Disabler [Player]

Forces the player of your choice to change their action to Misfire

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'll be taking the splitshot. Werekill brought up a good point... I want to make people pee their pants. They should have to feel the pain I felt just a week ago....

wait what

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
or could I pick one of the new ones? I have to pick from last phase right LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
dont worry alice

Next time for SURE

I won't let anyone get in my way of putting you on the throne.... you deserve better treatment

Now that Moy is a mod, maybe we can make her put it in the global rules for the forum....

LOL

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Now that Moy is a mod, maybe we can make her put it in the global rules for the forum....
I was already the mod here since like three months ago. But now I have to celebrate my ascension in the graveyard because you shot me. Why should I listen to any of your suggestions anyway? Hmph.

*goes back to being dead*

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lore Lore giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Z25 Z25 Pokechu Pokechu

I'll make you all a deal. Shish's game should hypothetically start in about 24 hours from now.

If all four of you submit "End Phase", then the phase immediately ends and we get into the results. Think of the endgame here.
I’m excited for shish’s game and can respect letting him get to kick it off finally.

So

End phase

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I’m excited for shish’s game and can respect letting him get to kick it off finally.

So

End phase
If all four of you submit "End Phase", then the phase immediately ends and we get into the results. Think of the endgame here.
As in with the phase action. Not everybody has gotten back their actions, so we can't actually end until we privately say so.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I was already the mod here since like three months ago. But now I have to celebrate my ascension in the graveyard because you shot me. Why should I listen to any of your suggestions anyway? Hmph.

*goes back to being dead*

I think Pokechu Pokechu killed you to take some of your mod powers...

(Also congrats Pokechu!!!!)

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Thank you!! //salute

That definitely was the plan though. I'm surprised it worked, but I wholeheartedly recommend to shoot at Moy if you want a promotion. If it worked for me, it should work for everyone, right?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thank you!! //salute

That definitely was the plan though. I'm surprised it worked, but I wholeheartedly recommend to shoot at Moy if you want a promotion. If it worked for me, it should work for everyone, right?
Oh no they’ve given you too much power.

It’s over now!

Gg on the promotion though

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
"Back once more for another exhilarating round of Quick-Draw Ricochet, its your host Utopian,"

"And your host Poyzin, here to make your viewing digression a breeze. We are left with FOUR fighters in the ring, being Werekill of Gilead, giraffelasergun heart Moydow, Z25 McCree, and Poke-oke-okechu. Now what will go down today? We're about to find out."

"Of course, there's Werekill eyeing his next victim. They have their gun set on Pokechu, and they begin their iconic walk towards the target. There they go, off parkouring around the stadium."

"Oh, but this time Pokechu is anxious too. Pokechu seems to be getting a bit cocky with their newly acquired The Splitshot. I'll bet my two cents that they are going to use it the minute they can."

"I'll second you on that one Poyzin, Pokechu seems to feel in a pretty comfortable spot, no matter if those odds are true or not."

"In the meantime, it appeared as if Pokechu proposed to giraffelasergun, because they seem to be working together all of a sudden as partners in crime."

"Or, Poyzin, they could have been aligned from the start. That duo has had a history of ganging up together to take out the other contenders who aren't close with them *glares towards fourth wall camera* but that isn't based on anybody. Just speculation."

"Not sure what you're going on about Utopian, but okay. Pokechu is feeling really high after being voted by giraffelasergun to receive another item, as well as stealing Moydow's moderator spot after they ceased. Giraffelasergun too is in a pretty nice spot themselves, I wonder what they'll conspire to do next."

"Run from Werekill obviously. Werekill is dominating this game, and I personally am gunning to see Werekill take home a victory after his strategizing negotiations.

"I wouldn't count out Z25 yet, they may be an underdog with a rocky first phase of misfiring, but they have remained neutral throughout the game. Defensive play styles can work extraordinarily well given the circumstances. While remaining passive, I say that Z25 still has a pretty good shot to make it long into the game."

"What do you mean Poyzin? I mean playing defensively can help you go far in the game, but you're doomed to eventually die if you play defensive for too long *glares towards fourth wall camera* especially with everybody remaining wanting you dead *glares intensely*. At some point, you'll need to play offensively to win the game, which is what Werekill has been doing so spectacularly.

You okay Utopian? You seemed to have phased out for a bit. Anyway, I think you're leaning too far on one side. Giraffelasergun and Pokechu have the coordination it takes to jointly get to the finals. All they need to do now is play their cards smartly to take out Werekill and Z25. While I don't doubt Werekill's powerhouse position, and that it won't be hard for them to take home a Ricochet victory, even Z25 can play out of their minds and skillfully reflect all of their shots. Werekill may have needed to hold onto his The Breakshot, but we'll see."

"Well, it appears that Werekill isn't going all offensive after all. Right as Pokechu felt able to kill Werekill, Werekill shot self and reflected the shot back at Pokechu! But Pokechu still has his The Splitshot, so he may try to get a final hit in before they die."

"You were right about that Utopian. Even Pokechu's modding powers couldn't save themselves from a bullet. It appears that they and giraffelasergun are also going to send shots towards Z25 in an attempt to eliminate everybody they can, but OH WOW! Z25 also shot self, which means that all of the coordinated bullets that GLG and Pokechu had in store were all sent back! What a turn of events! That means that Pokechu and giraffelasergun are dead!"

"Yep, there they fell. That leaves only Werekill and Z25 remaining in the game to have a..."

"*simultaneously* SUDDEN DEATH!*"

"*Back to Utopian* Yes sir, it is now Sudden Death! Sudden Death would have automatically appeared at Phase 4 or when only two players remain, whichever occurred first."

"That's correct Utopian, and luckily they happened during the exact same phase! Now, for Sudden Death, we have a few more twists to keep the game exiting."

"Very true. The first twist is the lack of a Defend [Player] option. There is no trucing, so you cannot help out your opponent. The second twist is that Misfiring is no longer an option, and forgetting to submit an action before the end of the phase results in automatic death."

"Very scary. Because there are only two players in this Sudden Death, then it will last for a maximum of two phases (Werekill has 2 HP)"

"Coming up next is the biggest twist of them all, but first, a recap of what you can do on this phase."

"You can Shoot [Player], you can Shoot Self, and you can Shoot Air. Those are your only three options. If you shoot a player who shoots air, you win. If you shoot a player who shoots self, they win. If you shoot self when the player shoots air, they win. If both players shoot each other, then you both take one damage. If you both shoot self, then you both take one damage."

"If both players shoot air, then you both take one damage."

"Yes, you read that correctly. Back at the beginning of the game, we said one thing about shooting air."

Deals no damage, but it makes the sky pretty upset.
"The sky has come to exact its revenge. With that being said, its time to watch the finale of David vs Goliath, contender vs contender, Z25 vs Werekill. Who will win? Find out in 24 hours for the finale (that will have a flavor text done before the results are posted)"

"And that's the end of phase 3! Did I exaggerate a bit? Hell yeah! Will I leave a list of what actually happened below? Of course! Besides that, the next phase will end on March 6th at 5:00 PM. Good luck to the remaining contenders!"

------------------------------------------

Item Results:

Pokechu: 1 Vote (GLG)
GLG: 1 Vote (Pokechu)

Well then, it seems as if lovers Pokechu and GLG voted for each other in order to secure join items! How cute! RNG will determine who gets what pick first. RNG says... 2! GLG gets first pick of item.

Therefore, Pokechu gets second pick. But...

Nobody gets third choice, so the leftover item is discarded.

Phase Actions:

Werekill: Shoots Self w/ Super Armor (New HP is 2/2)
giraffelasergun: Shoots Z25 (But Z25 shot self, so the damage is reflected) (0/1, giraffelasergun is DEFEATED)
Z25: Shoots Self
Pokechu: Shoots Werekill and Z25 (But Werekill shot self, so the damage allotted to Werekill is reflected. Z25 ALSO shot self, so the damage alloted to Z25 is reflected as well) (0/1, Pokechu is DEFEATED)

Standoff-er Status:

Lore Lore : 2/2
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun : 0/1
Z25 Z25 : 0.5/1
Pokechu Pokechu : 0/1

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
WE DID IT GLG!!!!

What a SPECTACULAR display!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Wait a minute no I didn't!

I defended GLG... or at least I thought I did...

Oh well! Take me away.... a sweet escape.... a hiding place.... take me away!!!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Edit: no I did not mess up these lyrics..... what....

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

Do what you want because you're never gonna break me sticks and stones are never gonna shake me

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Item Results:

Pokechu: 1 Vote (GLG)
GLG: 1 Vote (Pokechu)

Well then, it seems as if lovers Pokechu and GLG voted for each other in order to secure join items! How cute! RNG will determine who gets what pick first. RNG says... 2! GLG gets first pick of item.

Therefore, Pokechu gets second pick. But...

Nobody gets third choice, so the leftover item is discarded.

Phase Actions:

Werekill: Shoots Self w/ Super Armor (New HP is 2/2)
giraffelasergun: Shoots Z25 (But Z25 shot self, so the damage is reflected) (0/1, giraffelasergun is DEFEATED)
Z25: Shoots Self
Pokechu: Shoots Werekill and Z25 (But Werekill shot self, so the damage allotted to Werekill is reflected. Z25 ALSO shot self, so the damage alloted to Z25 is reflected as well) (0/1, Pokechu is DEFEATED)

Standoff-er Status:

Lore Lore : 2/2
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun : 0/1
Z25 Z25 : 0.5/1
Pokechu Pokechu : 1/1
Also pokechu is dead right?

This says so but he has 1/1 hp so I’m not sure.

Top Bottom