• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Attack Edge Hog?

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
I've been watching N64's video's alot and mostly his Electric Shuffle one and I've learned alot of experience from watching them over and over and implementing them into my gameplay.

However, I've noticed him doing quick attack edge hogs.

What i mean is pikachu is in the middle of the stage does quick attack across the stage and quickly grabs the edge to stop the opponent from grabbing on the ledge.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0fKZ7SGx83U

Its everywhere in this video. Look at 0:29 - 0:32 & 4:29 - 4:31

Has anyone else noticed this or know how to do it?

I think this could be useful in making pikachu more fearful to many high tiers and more easier for us pika players to get a better advantage in tournaments.

~ Thanks

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
You angle the second part down and towards the stage so you face the edge and grab it, you just have to let go of down quick or else you just go right by it and die.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I can do it pretty much on comand, and have in tourny many, many times. Just practice so that you have the confidence to attempt it in matches that matter.

NeeQueoHH

Smash Apprentice
well fox u have to be at a specific spot, but pika can be anywere for al long at his 1st quick attck reaches. haha im jus being a space animal hater=P

and on thing i might suggest is practicing quick attack edgehug on both side. cus i practiced it only on one side and wen i masterd it i thought i cud do it wen ever i wanted to, but i dint realize it feels difrent on the other side. dont no if i make sense, but this situation might only be me but yeah=D

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
well fox u have to be at a specific spot, but pika can be anywere for al long at his 1st quick attck reaches. haha im jus being a space animal hater=P

and on thing i might suggest is practicing quick attack edgehug on both side. cus i practiced it only on one side and wen i masterd it i thought i cud do it wen ever i wanted to, but i dint realize it feels difrent on the other side. dont no if i make sense, but this situation might only be me but yeah=D
for some reason doing it on FD freaks me out...I don't know why... I guess I'm weird that way O.o

sweetooth

Smash Ace
i just started toying around with it lately. and it does look very flashy and impressive, yet still gets the job done. I love the reactions that it gets from a big crowd in an important match

Top Bottom