• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick attack directly to skull bash recovery

PKJesse

Smash Cadet
Earlier I was messing around with Pikachu fighting a lvl9 Mario, and he pushed me quite far off the edge of FD, and then kicked me into about, the farthest corner of the screen, and I quick attacked, and my hand slipped on the joystick, and I skullbashed, but it wasn't like a cancel, I went the whole distance of one quick attack, then went the distance of skullbash.

No idea why, but I was still able to do another quick attack when I did it.

I tried it in training, but the timing seems rather hard to get.

Basically, quickattack then slide your joystick foward so you skullbash, you should go diagonally upwards shooting foward the distance of skullbash.

Afterwards, you still might be able to do another quick attack.

Might be a new AT, who knows.

I'll try to get a replay of it. =]

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pikachu's already upper tier. The next tier is top. :/

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Yea, if this is true... Pika might as well just start flying.

PKJesse

Smash Cadet
I had the timing earlier, but I wasn't recording it with a camcorder, instead I was going for a replay.

I couldn't save it as a replay ):

PKJesse

Smash Cadet
I was able to get the QA>SB timing correct, but I didn't regain the UpB.

I guess there must be a direction you have to go for it.

I'll keep trying ):

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Even if you can't get back QA, make a vid. Otherwise I have my doubts... A glitch allowing 2 QA's (not just 2 directions), or even attacking after QA with Pika would be an epic fail on Nintendo's part.

PKJesse

Smash Cadet
Even if you can't get back QA, make a vid. Otherwise I have my doubts... A glitch allowing 2 QA's (not just 2 directions), or even attacking after QA with Pika would be an epic fail on Nintendo's part.
The thing is it wasn't the two-direction QA. I just QA'd upwards to the right and my finger slipped, and I shot to the other side of FD.

Pikachu wasn't blinking like anyone does after a recovery, which is why I'm guessing it gives back another QA.

Briefcase

Smash Rookie
Just because he's not blinking doesn't mean he'll get another QA, When ROB, Snake, or Sonic all finish their up B they don't blink but they can still attack, it might just be a wonky way to get alot of horizontal recovery and attack when falling.

gallax

Smash Hero
it makes me wonder if sakurai knew what he was doing or if this was all just an accident? it also makes me wonder if they are holding more information back b/c they want us to discover it.

stevensteve

Smash Cadet
The thing is it wasn't the two-direction QA. I just QA'd upwards to the right and my finger slipped, and I shot to the other side of FD.

Pikachu wasn't blinking like anyone does after a recovery, which is why I'm guessing it gives back another QA.
sounds like the second half of the quick attack

Top Bottom