• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questionz from new Pit Player

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yo sup guys

I just recently tried brawl at my friend's house, and so far I like to use pit, a lot

the reasons include

- His CRAZY b-air
- His arrows
- pretty good combo ability
- Has amazing recovery

But i had been playing my friends sonic, and he does the spinning thing and just charges at you ( i think its the side b , idk ) forcing you to sheild, what are some of the tactics that can be used against sonic?

And are there any attacks that are found to chain into his b-air yet?

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
When he charges his down b, if he hit you, he will likely follow through with a fair. If he miss with down B and Jump, he will most likely do a Bair. This is your chance to use you Bair because your s is much better.

kown

Smash Lord
its difficult to get better without a wii.
learn how to glide (done by pressing jump and hold jump a second time)
-once ur gliding you can attack by pressing A ( kill move sometimes)
thats really the only thing i can think of that you can work on in like 5 minutes

Declan

Smash Apprentice
Yo sup guys

I just recently tried brawl at my friend's house, and so far I like to use pit, a lot

the reasons include

- His CRAZY b-air
- His arrows
- pretty good combo ability
- Has amazing recovery

But i had been playing my friends sonic, and he does the spinning thing and just charges at you ( i think its the side b , idk ) forcing you to sheild, what are some of the tactics that can be used against sonic?

And are there any attacks that are found to chain into his b-air yet?
Well if you're new to Pit, you're going to want to check out some guides so here you go:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163980

So about sonic you can of course roll, spot dodge, and whatever else. You can also use side-b. Actually if you're good with the timing, you should be able to use nearly any move because swords are always disjointed hit-boxes.

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
its difficult to get better without a wii.
learn how to glide (done by pressing jump and hold jump a second time)
-once ur gliding you can attack by pressing A ( kill move sometimes)
thats really the only thing i can think of that you can work on in like 5 minutes

Using glides to attack like that isn't a good idea. Maybe when you're coming back from offstage then yes. And you can't do it every single time, it gets predictable and punishable.

kown

Smash Lord
Pie is right but i dont think you can practice much without a wii.
spot dodging (holding shield and pressing down) and rolling is also good to use to evade attacks

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
if he starts spinning from far away you can always peg him with an arrow which will stop his move, if its his side b, evade until its finished and then punish him with a Fsmash, also if your timing is good you can reverse his direction h=with a mirrorshield but i wouldnt recommend it

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
if he starts spinning from far away you can always peg him with an arrow which will stop his move, if its his side b, evade until its finished and then punish him with a Fsmash, also if your timing is good you can reverse his direction h=with a mirrorshield but i wouldnt recommend it
altho is he spining make sure you aim the arrow or it will miss also what i do is take out side b they have equal priotiry i think so if you know its coming and have faster reflexes you could geta jab or f smash or something

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Whenever i play against a sonic and hes spin dash happy. There are a few things i like to do to counter it.

Arrow right before he starts. Ive noticed some sonics bounce before they hit the ground and and a timed shot will stop him.

A short hop that u follow up with aerials after he jumps and does an aerial which most sonics do.

If he tends to always jump out of it and never turn around. You can just guard, sidestep, or even pull out ur mirror shield.

As for combos into pits back air. I would say you could do many things to get into a back air. U could do a wing cancel into a back air, up smash, down tilt, throw, ect. Anything that will knock him up. U could also do what i do which is to fight mostly in the air and do what i like to call an aerial sword dance. Which the basic idea is to go from a forward aerial into a back, into a forward, or w/e. Since each jump allows pit to change his facing u can chase down an airborne opponent and decide which attack you want to use next, if its for more range and speed Fair or to chance for a sweet spot Bair. There are tons of other ways, u just need to experiment.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Its a pretty simple tech. Its mostly just use as a mind game or a change up. Basically all you do is use the wings of icarus near ur opponent while u are on the ground. Directly after u do a fast fall into an attack or an attack into a fast fall based on ur situation. Just test it out, and ull find out what works best for you. Course thats just the basic use for it. There are other uses u will have to experiment and find out for urself.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
iwas playing a sonic just like this yesterday and got owned i didnt know what to do. i arrow spammed but that didnt work. i just side b cause it would stop him that pretty much all i could do.

kown

Smash Lord
since this is kinda a thread about sonic Im going to say what I think of him: boring, all his moves look the same lol

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Sonic may be fast on the ground, but in the air hes much slower. Force him into the air, pit has a much better aerial game.

If he uses his down aerial, ur up aerial can out prioritize it. If he does a spin dash, just jump over it and head in the direction he was going so u can get a hit during the ending lag. When they get really close up in ur face, space ur self away from him so u can smash you, and every once in a while use a close range arrow to stun, then dash in for an attack or a grab. If hes really smashy then use ur multiple jumps and hover just out of range so when he does use a smash u can punish him with an aerial.

And ill tell u right now. It is NEVER a good idea to arrow spam. I never use arrows for just damage. To me arrows are useful only in breaking down your opponents style, if can throw him off balance and put him in defensive then you can go offensive and beat on him. And once again dont think of arrows as damage, think of arrows as a stun.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
Sonic may be fast on the ground, but in the air hes much slower. Force him into the air, pit has a much better aerial game.

If he uses his down aerial, ur up aerial can out prioritize it. If he does a spin dash, just jump over it and head in the direction he was going so u can get a hit during the ending lag. When they get really close up in ur face, space ur self away from him so u can smash you, and every once in a while use a close range arrow to stun, then dash in for an attack or a grab. If hes really smashy then use ur multiple jumps and hover just out of range so when he does use a smash u can punish him with an aerial.

And ill tell u right now. It is NEVER a good idea to arrow spam. I never use arrows for just damage. To me arrows are useful only in breaking down your opponents style, if can throw him off balance and put him in defensive then you can go offensive and beat on him. And once again dont think of arrows as damage, think of arrows as a stun.
when i eever i try to go after him in the aiir he use dair
it either hits me or he is below me which is bad for bit cause his dair sucks.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Well if he uses Dair so much, learn to predict when hes gonna use it. With most sonics, theres a huge landing lag as there is for toon links, however with sonic theres none of that helpful push to keep people away. Most of the time i can tell exactly where hes gonna land and i can just like move slightly out of the way. Or thats when if at long distance u do a short hop arrow with momentum toward him, hit him with the arrow of course, and when u land go in for a dash attack, or if he shields, grab or reverse grab if he dodges. This is one way u can use his Dair against him. And as i said before, you can out prioritize his Dair with your up air if u position urself correctly.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
Well if he uses Dair so much, learn to predict when hes gonna use it. With most sonics, theres a huge landing lag as there is for toon links, however with sonic theres none of that helpful push to keep people away. Most of the time i can tell exactly where hes gonna land and i can just like move slightly out of the way. Or thats when if at long distance u do a short hop arrow with momentum toward him, hit him with the arrow of course, and when u land go in for a dash attack, or if he shields, grab or reverse grab if he dodges. This is one way u can use his Dair against him. And as i said before, you can out prioritize his Dair with your up air if u position urself correctly.
pit uair >sonics dair
intresting.

Top Bottom