• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

questions on returning to ic's

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
so i dabbled in sheik for about a year... it was fun, learned some stuff, but would like to come back to my true main.

1. is freeze glitch/wobbling still banned? i know wobbling is still banned where i live, and if freeze glitch wasn't banned i would kill myself as i'm in pal

2. any new awesome non-wobbling related semi-infinites aside from the near the ledge thing?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Freeze Glitch is kind-of soft banned at tournaments. It is rarely listed in the rules but most TOs just assume that you won't do it (if Wobbling is also banned).

You can dthrow > up tilt infinitely, but only in v1.0 (so not PAL, unfortunately). I think you can Fthrow > Blizzard Freeze > Re-grab infinite, but not much testing has gone into it afaik and it'll only work at percents where Blizzard will freeze, obviously.

Overall, your best bet is to vary your CGs to mess with their DI and try and get them to the ledge to hand-off. Until you are near the ledge, you should treat CGs like you would treat normal combos, try and predict what they will do to escape and counter it, instead of just doing Dthrow > Dair over and over and quitting when it doesn't work.

Lots of desync tricksies have been discovered recently, you should look around the boards or ask me on MSN or something if you want specifics.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Not sure, just test it above 100%.

Grab > Pummel > Blizzard and Fthrow at the exact same time, the Blizzard should start at the same time as the Fthrow animation and as soon as Popo releases the opponent from his hands, they freeze. Then he can just grab them when they pop out again/charge a smash/whatever.

Top Bottom