• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Questions? Ask me, I'd love to help.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Hey there Smashboards! I've played a ton of Smash 3DS ever since Japanese launch, and also have a ton of tournament experience in previous Smash games. I also have over 3500 matches online with a 95% win rate by mostly going random, so I understand every character in the game to some degree. I'd love to answer any questions you may have! Whether it's general strategy, character specific or out-of-game things that may help you in-game, any question is welcomed! :)

You can also shoot me questions on Twitter
Or watch me play LIVE/Online on Twitch (Subs play with me) / Youtube (Daily tutorials/guides/cool stuff there).

Thanks!

Last edited:

ggdeku

Smash Rookie
How do you feel about Zelda? I love killing with the up B haha.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
-How the heck do you already have 3500 matches?
-Do you feel like if you raised your single player smash rating you might get more challenging players?
-Do you feel MegaMan is truly low D tier?
-How does one forward/back air right after jumping from a ledge so quickly?

TSM ZeRo

How do you feel about Zelda? I love killing with the up B haha.
I'm unsure how good she is, but, she struggles at fighting up close. Really good fighters that challenge her out of shield punish game by making her dash and try to do something, give her a bad time. She lacks a good dash punish option. Little Mac can be hard for her. When she's kicking you, and Smashing you, things go well, unfortunely, kicks can't be really combo'ed into, and she relies on either a hard punish (ie, my opponent messed up big time) or a hard read (ie, not always) so she relies, at some point, on opponent missplay, making her decent right now due to everyone not being experienced with the game and I can see her fall of later on in the metagame when people start applying solid spacing and less mistakes happen.

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
How do you feel Lazy Fruit compares to the Regular Fruit? I find some of the fruits are extremely useful in Lazy Fruit but the nerf to the key's speed might not be worth it.

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
When dealing playing as more defensive or zoning characters, how does one deal with the agile ones? (citing stuff like Sheik, Little Mac, ZSS)

Often times for example, a Mac player will mess up but they are able to throw out a tilt almost immediately with little chance for a punish. I am unsure of how to approach situations where I'm being rushed down while using a character that has few up close or quick punish options :/

DracoLordZ9

Smash Rookie
Hi ZeRo! Thanks for the inspiration, I want to compete in tournaments too next year!
Sadly, I'm a bit bad at the game lol. Any advice on grabbing? I can't seem to find the right moment to use the grab without getting punished :[.
My mains for Smash 3DS are Sonic, Dark Pit and Robin. I also use Lucario a lot. Would you offer me any advice for combo's?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate that you always respond to people :] Keep it up!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
How do you set up for kills as Megaman and what are you preferred killing options?

TSM ZeRo

-How the heck do you already have 3500 matches?
-Do you feel like if you raised your single player smash rating you might get more challenging players?
-Do you feel MegaMan is truly low D tier?
-How does one forward/back air right after jumping from a ledge so quickly?
1.- as far as I know, that won't affect matchmaking
2.- No, I think he has some type of potential if correct play is utilized.
3.- Jump, then input your aerial as you're going up

also, Smash is my job and I did a 200 hr marathon on stream, so no wonders that happened lol

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
How do you set up for kills as Megaman and what are you preferred killing options?
If I may,
Preferred killing options are his meteor smash (against people with no deflect), back air during air battles, his up tilt (can kill as early as 75% depending on character you're up against), up air (no deflect) CAN kill but not TOO reliable from what I see, and up smash. His up tilt has HUGE punish capability if somebody attacks right in front of you and you happen to be blocking.

Last edited:

TSM ZeRo

How do you feel Lazy Fruit compares to the Regular Fruit? I find some of the fruits are extremely useful in Lazy Fruit but the nerf to the key's speed might not be worth it.
i like lazy fruit for when people are cornered, watch them freak out

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
Hey ZeRo, My question is pretty serious but may be unrelated. How do you get over a demoralizing loss? Its really hard for me to understand why I lose sometimes. It just makes me think "man I suck.." I would love to become a great player like you or mew2king one day but I feel at the rate I'm going currently I'll never get good.

Last edited:

TSM ZeRo

read a roll, up tilt, mad early KO, down smash works too, and up smash for when you're juggling them. Also, back air edgeguards work well too

Last edited:

JnL

Smash Knight
3DS FC
5455-9416-3843
and i noticed that Lucina scratches a bit than Marth when doing side aerial attack.. or it's my imagination? o.o

Last edited:

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
1.- as far as I know, that won't affect matchmaking
2.- No, I think he has some type of potential if correct play is utilized.
3.- Jump, then input your aerial as you're going up

also, Smash is my job and I did a 200 hr marathon on stream, so no wonders that happened lol
Oh jeez, I just realized....you're Zero....I watched your stream.....................lol.

Other question, how does one "sweet spot" MegaMan's up air? It feels so...random.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Thoughts on the competitive aspect of this game? With over 3K matches, you must have an alright feel of how it would translate to a competitive scene

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Oh, another question, as far as your win percentage + amount of matches go, how do you think that translates into being a good player?

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Hi Zero! I'm glad you're back home and with your family again!

My question is, do you use dash pivot ftilts (Canceling a dash animation by doing ftilt in the opposite direction), and when do you use it?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
NO, NOT HERE, NO.

No.

Okay, I'll actually work on one as a side project later on when my website goes LIVE.
You are a prophet on tier lists. Like a year ago you were saying Ice Climbers break the game and then Sakurai comes out months later and admits he didn't include ICs because they broke the game on the 3Ds.

You know something about the universe that we don't, just saying

TSM ZeRo

Hey ZeRo, My question is pretty serious but may be unrelated. How do you get over a demoralizing loss? Its really hard for me to understand why I lose sometimes. It just makes me think "man I suck.." I would love to become a great player like you or mew2king one day but I feel at the rate I'm going currently I'll never get good.
It's about how hungry you're about your goal - Like, how badly you really want to accomplish what you set out yourself to. Every day you work towards it, it's all for that one moment. Focus on the future, and just because things aren't currently work out, doesn't mean they won't in the future. Chin up, you can do it. Believe in yourself as you believe in others.

Dirgimzib

Smash Rookie
Overall opinion on the status of Palutena in the overall roster? She seems extremely precise and easy to punish if you make mistakes while playing as her. Air game seems to be her strongest point outside of usmash.

I still need to convince myself to play her, but I'm having too much fun with RosaLuma atm.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Hi ZeRo, I know you weren't the player I was looking for in the other thread, but if you can help me with one of the questions I asked there anyway I'd really appreciate it.

I really have no idea what to do against ZSS as Lucina. It's very hard to approach her, especially if the ZSS player likes to use Neutral B, Side B and Dsmash a lot. What should I be doing against Zero Suit?

Last edited:

TSM ZeRo

What are your thoughts on Jigglypuff? i just found out her rest kills at around 50-55%
I really like her. Very good off stage, good neutral, not too bad ground game and SOLID oos punishes. She'll have a space in the metagame, I believe.

Thoughts on the competitive aspect of this game? With over 3K matches, you must have an alright feel of how it would translate to a competitive scene
The game has a lot of interesting mechanics to it. Intricate spacing maneuvering, more follows than seen in Brawl, no infinite chaingrabs/chaingrabs promoting for agressive style of play among other great things. It's looking good.

BTW going to bed, will answer more tomorrow homiebros

D

Deleted member

What do you think of meta knight and what are you're top 7 favourite koopalings?

JC Ralls

Smash Cadet
Hi ZeRo,

Do you think there is room in Smash 4 for close range, offensive playstyles? I find a lot of my wins rely on blocking/dodging and punishing accordingly. I find myself using tap dashes and shorthops to space, while waiting to punish rolls and attack lag. It feels like too much footsy and mindgames and it gets dull after a while. A lot of characters seem to have lots of lag after most attacks and it seems to be that the best characters are going to be ones that can probe and punish safely from a distance.

Are follow ups out of grabs the only true combo potential? Is the metagame going to get dominated by defensive, spacing characters like ZSS and Rosalina, or is there hope for close range characters like Fox to be able to apply pressure?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Alright, incredibly quick question about the character I play.

What do you think of Dr. Mario overall? I know he's likely worse than Mario, but do you believe he's still efficient and/or effective? Any tips that I might not know about him yet? Just basic advice, I'd like to get a little better....

ChooChoo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4399-0342-2350
Hi! It's nice to have such an experienced and talented player willing to help us out!
I think I speak for many of us who haven't had the chance to play against real people until Smash 4 was released. Do you have any recommendation on how to avoid instincts taken up after so many years of just playing against computers? How is it possible to close the gap between "us" and more experienced players? My lack of expertise has had me attacking randomly and charging Smashes when there was no chance they would hit.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
What's your opinion on people saying this game rewards a more defensive playstyle apposed to an aggressive one?

HallowHaven

Smash Rookie
What approaches do you think work best against a Rosalina camping and using Luma to control space?

Legend Vermillion

Spanish Brawl Competitive Player
I would like to know general tips about how to play Falco in this game. Approaching methods of this character and some combos or strings that are useful (Im having trouble finding em). Also, I want to know what are the better strategies in general terms of this game. Things like if rolls are now OP or we just use em so much cuz we have little experience, I also see jabs much better now but I dont know all the uses they can get ... :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom