• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Questions? Ask me, I'd love to help.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
Hey Zero, if possible I would like for you to go a little more in depth about why you believe "it's a little bit of both" in regards to defensive vs offensive play.

After playing a whole buncha matches I still feel like defensive play is just soooo much easier. I have about 1k games as Shulk with an 80% win rate and one thing that I've noticed time and time again is that the moment I approach my opponent is the moment I get start to lose matches.

I always feels as if I can just stand in the same spot and short hop neutral air until my opponent jumps into my arms and I just obliterate them. I honestly start feeling bad for all the players that do this because it just feels way to easy. Rolling, spot dodging, it's all just so nonpunishable.

I only start running into trouble against opponents who have strong projectile game and force me into going aggro. I have so much trouble approaching safely and it typically leads me into losing matches.

Rolling seems so strong in this game and the fact that you rarely get pushed off the stage while shielding now just lets you follow up out of shield SO much easier.

Unless i'm missing something, I honestly think that defensive play is still outclassing offensive. I would like to know your opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom