• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Zero Pit Stop questions about F-ZERO GX tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

noni

Smash Cadet
is there a F-ZERO tournament in USA well since i have been looking for an F-ZERO matches around NYC and canada well since i have been playing F-zero for like 3 years so can anyone advertized some matches please hit me back :cool:

Zurad

Smash Cadet
No

Thing is, there are lots of communities out there that compete in their own games, but very few actually have a large enough base of good players to host a tournament. This is even assuming that all good players lived in the same country, which they probably don't.

The F-zero community is more or less dead. Even if were to still be active, there aren't that many good players, compared to smash

F-zero doesn't even seem like a good game to compete in anyway because of the high level of control and mastery it takes to zip through the courses. I'm sure some of the best in the world at F-zero can go through most of the courses fine, but even now and then I'm sure they make many mistakes. That's to say, when they make a video of a time attack, they didn't make iton their first try, and I doubt they'd be able to pull off a performance just like that at a tournament on their first try.

noni

Smash Cadet
i know i just thoght they have a tournament like this game but i guess your right but i wish they announce a first ever F-zero tournament in web2zone or whateverdot

Zurad

Smash Cadet
web2zone? never heard of it. Do you have a link to it by chance?

there was one f-zero tournament. Though it wasn't a one day ordeal. It was an official tournament when the game first came out. People would submit their fastest times to the official gx site and whoever had the fastest won title of "world's best f-zero racer" and got a trophy of some sort

Anyway, the best place for f-zero is the mr. fixit community, although any good f-zero player should know that (even if it is dead)

noni

Smash Cadet
web2zone? never heard of it. Do you have a link to it by chance?

there was one f-zero tournament. Though it wasn't a one day ordeal. It was an official tournament when the game first came out. People would submit their fastest times to the official gx site and whoever had the fastest won title of "world's best f-zero racer" and got a trophy of some sort

Anyway, the best place for f-zero is the mr. fixit community, although any good f-zero player should know that (even if it is dead)
www.web2zone.com well i did check that mr fixit community but they didnt say anything about locations ? like whats the prize money and stuff

Zurad

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. I forgot to mention that the tournament is well over. It was just one, and it was just more of a promotion of the game. There are no F-zero tournaments, I'm just saying that if you want to find people to compete with based on fastest times, then Mr.fix it's gonna be your best bet, but a live f-zero tournament, like a smash tournament, would simply never work

noni

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. I forgot to mention that the tournament is well over. It was just one, and it was just more of a promotion of the game. There are no F-zero tournaments, I'm just saying that if you want to find people to compete with based on fastest times, then Mr.fix it's gonna be your best bet, but a live f-zero tournament, like a smash tournament, would simply never work
i know it,s alright i understand but i hope a new F-zero comes out for DS or the Wii if there,s a tournament like that i,ll be ready for it....i hope but i know it will never work

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
No

Thing is, there are lots of communities out there that compete in their own games, but very few actually have a large enough base of good players to host a tournament. This is even assuming that all good players lived in the same country, which they probably don't.

The F-zero community is more or less dead. Even if were to still be active, there aren't that many good players, compared to smash

This is true I'm afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom