• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about buffering with C stick

SUNG475

Smash Ace
I've been buffering with the C stick for awhile now but some things I just can't seem to figure out.

1. How come sometimes I forward smash instead of rolling? For instance, if I'm on the ground then I get up while buffering a roll, I forward smash sometimes.

2. Also sometimes I just get hit randomly while I'm shielding like if someone tries to nair my shield and I buffer a roll (maybe at the exact same moment) I get hit. Are characters vulnerable within the first frames of rolling?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Sometimes I accidentally fsmash because I hit the C-stick before L, although you might be experiencing something else.

Yes, you are vulnerable during the first several frames of a roll.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
roll invinc starts frame 4 for most chars IIRC

EDIT: jigglypuff is 2, Yoshi is 1. everyone else is 4

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Thanks a lot guys, oh you're probably right about that Fly I'll make sure to hold shield first

And no WONDER about the roll vulnerability thanks again!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Sorry strong bad, but I'm pretty sure you're counting an extra frame. Normal rolls have 3 vulnerable frames, puff has 1, and yoshi has non at all.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Sorry strong bad, but I'm pretty sure you're counting an extra frame. Normal rolls have 3 vulnerable frames, puff has 1, and yoshi has non at all.
This isn't contrary to what SB said. He listed the first frame of invulnerability rather than the last frame of vulnerability.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I accidentally fsmash because I hit the C-stick before L, although you might be experiencing something else.

Yes, you are vulnerable during the first several frames of a roll.
I know how you feel.
Although sometimes the forward smash which was suppose to be a roll hits.

:bee:

Top Bottom