• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I am aware of some of the problems I had running my former tournament, Pride of Brawl, one of which was barely meeting venue fee, but before I go out looking for my next venue for a tournament in July most likely on the 18th, I need to know who would be interested in coming. Keep in mind, 1, this would not have metaknight ban, I would remove the stages that took the game from many good players, and mistakes that happened last time would be solved.

I need to decide weather or not to rent an actual venue space, and if so, how much money I could spend on it.

The question is, how many here would be interested in doing a Japanese themed rule set tournament on July 18th in Cape Coral Florida?

I would make some minor changes to their rule set, like allowing ICs the infinite.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
or we could use our ruleset... since we're in america and all..... its not fun traveling to tournies that are just experiments, since we can't even use those tournies at all for any valid PR discussion.

Duno what it is about certain TO's, but they're always worried about shaken things up with rules and ****, instead of focusing on whats important, hosting a good fvkin tournament.

nevershootme

Smash Master
what is this japanese themed rulset. there is nothing but universal rules consisting of stocks, time, and ledge grab rule with mk, stage striking (if applicable), and a good stage set with not much gayness. I don't think the japanese can be any different besides just having 10 minute matches tops and a different style of play

Ice climber players population in Florida is pretty slim (for brawl).

you need to know how to strike deals with various people to save the costs of your own spending of money to rent a venue. I ran 2 tourneys (help 3 others) at my university and i didn't have to pay any fees, just go through stupid arguments and agreements on payouts and they let me run it on my own while they handle the money

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
you need to know how to strike deals with various people to save the costs of your own spending of money to rent a venue. I ran 2 tourneys (help 3 others) at my university and i didn't have to pay any fees, just go through stupid arguments and agreements on payouts and they let me run it on my own while they handle the money
I was able to get the last venue down from 500 to 200. Good thing too, other wise I would have been 300 in the **** whole. We barely broke even. My personal door fee was 20 dollars :(
What arguments generally speaking get them to drop the venue cost?
(And as for running it in my house, my dad would also charge a door fee)

Purple

Hi guys!
I was able to get the last venue down from 500 to 200. Good thing too, other wise I would have been 300 in the **** whole. We barely broke even. My personal door fee was 20 dollars :(
What arguments generally speaking get them to drop the venue cost?
(And as for running it in my house, my dad would also charge a door fee)

Yeah that sounds pretty bad to begin with, a tournament at your house with door fee. Granted it's not in your hands. but i'll sound bad when people look at it.

I really don't know where this tournament is, i'm guessing florida. So i recommend you at least post the rule set as if you were going to post this tournament in a real hype thread. see if people are okay with the ruleset you're wanting.

Seibrik - i don't think the tourney's that horribly different (if it's only counter picks are different that is) from america, he's probably just trying to make the tourney go by smoother and faster. Or just experimenting, anyways as long as items aren't allowed and such i don't think it'll mess with rankings._

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
After some things happened at the last tournament, I'm in favor of a very conservative stage list. That's where I thought up just using their list.
That is essentially the only change.
Since Florida bans DDD infinities, we don't really change anything.

Purple

Hi guys!
After some things happened at the last tournament, I'm in favor of a very conservative stage list. That's where I thought up just using their list.
That is essentially the only change.
Since Florida bans DDD infinities, we don't really change anything.

so if anything it's just less busted counterpicks o.o

Top Bottom