• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Question to those who have the game regarding match making online

supersmasher

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2212-8762
I was curious if there was improvement for the match making process. Nintendo is notorious for having a terrible match making progress and pales in comparison to the likes of Xbox Live. Is it easy to match up with your friends? What is the matchmaking like?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I don't know. The "stalk your friends" feature would be useful but Smash 4 uses NNID. I'd like both, but if I had to choose I'd rather have NNID.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Can't seem to find a thread about this. What are everyones experienecs with lag in online play? I know its better than Brawl but Is it similar to using an LCD screen when playing Melee? Worse? Better?

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
I don't have hand on the Japanese version myself but I hear it's basically perfect. But that's just what I hear.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I heard some matches can be completely lag free while others can be quite atrocious.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
I'm sure it can't be bad if people from US etc are connecting to Japan severs and rarely getting lag.

Last edited:

CaptainVul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaLefty
3DS FC
5386-8706-1766
what do you mean it uses NNID?

The way you would join someone in Mario Kart 7 is when you go to your friend list and when your friend is playing it and theres an open spot in the lobby it would say "join game" and you would click that.

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
From the footage i've seen it's not likely. When you choose the options to play with friends it takes you to a completely different menu. This might be because when you play with friends you can turn on customization.

Whia

Smash Apprentice
Based on what I've seen, input lag seems pretty much nonexistent, though the connection can still be a bit choppy at time and lag spikes happen occasionally.

But, again, this is just what I've seen; I have no first-hand experience, so I'd still love to hear more of what people who've actually played have to say.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I've been watching various Smash Bros. 3DS streams on Twitch as much as I can and from what I've gathered the input lag is basically non-existent like other's have said. 90% of the time I've been watching online matches, there's been little to no lag which is absolutely fantastic. The other 10% has ranged from down right terrible lag to tolerable lag, which is a MAJOR improvement from Brawl's shoddy online.

Overall, if you have a stable and good internet connection, you should have a very pleasant online experience. You'll obviously come cross laggy games here and there but there's not much you can do if you have a good internet connection and the person your battling doesn't. 1v1 matches are essentially lagless for the most part. It's the free for all matches that can be hit or miss.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm merging all these similar threads asking about online together. In the future, please use the Search Function to see if a thread for your subject already exists.

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure it can't be bad if people from US etc are connecting to Japan severs and rarely getting lag.
Yeah, I didn't see any complaints from CTZero in his latest video against the Japanese Shiek player. Maybe he didn't want to say anything or is used to input lag, but what I saw seemed pretty smooth

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I've been playing it and the 1-v-1 matches have very little lag and any issues are corrected almost instantly. Four player matches can be laggy and unbearable at times. However, this could improve when everyone is not playing people scattered across the world in FFA and wind up with players on their own continent.

Cazylinka

Smash Rookie
I've had a very good experience so far, close to no matches at all have lagged.

CaptainVul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaLefty
3DS FC
5386-8706-1766
I'm merging all these similar threads asking about online together. In the future, please use the Search Function to see if a thread for your subject already exists.
I think you misunderstood what my topic was about, these topics aren't similar in what they were asking

Top Bottom