• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question Related to Aether

TyrannoStorm

Smash Rookie
Today in a tournament, I got knocked off the stage by a Metaknight, who then proceeded to grab the edge. Of course I tried to Aether, and while not getting me onstage, somehow ended up with me on the edge and Metaknight minus one stock. I was wondering how I could recreate this, and whether it only works on certain characters.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Might not be quite what you are talking about but Aether has a spiking effect towards the end of the attack. What sometimes happens is grabbing the edge cancels out the aether but the spike still goes through. It isn't a very powerful spike like DK's or Ganon's, actually, it is more of a push downwards then anything. He must have been at a very high % the way you explained it.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it was probably an Aether spike. For next time, be sure to post any questions in Ashu's library instead of making a new thread. Questions get answered much more quickly there anyway :)

metroid1117

Smash Master
If it was anything like what happened at 0:36, then yes it was an Aetherspike. It works on everybody, all you have to do is hit the opponent with the part of Aether when Ike is coming down. You can also use this to suicide when you have the lead; it's known as an Aethercide when used for that purpose.

Welcome to SWF and the Ike forums, by the way :). You can have all your Ike-related questions answered in Ashunera's Library, the Q&A thread of the Ike boards as well as the thread for general discussion and archives and old, useful threads.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Something else you might not know. You probabaly hit him right as his invincibility frames ended. That might be why it was surprising. You probably didn't expect it to hit.

Top Bottom