• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question: How do you cancel landing lag on short hop u-air?

Gretalian

Smash Cadet
I've been playing fox a long time, and consider myself pretty good. But, I still dunno how Larry Lurr does it!

_Wumbo_

Smash Rookie
You have a very small window to input the up air. The most reliable way to do it is to buffer the up air after you press jump bit before you leave thw ground. I recommend setting your c-stick to attack if you haven't already as it elimnates the possibly of doing a JC up smash instead.

If you're still having trouble, try this technique:
https://youtu.be/KHqg3k_XAug

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you should deffs be double sticking it, if you keep messing up just practice doing them 5 minutes a day every day and sooner or later it will click, OR you could switch to tilt stick which comes with a whole world of benefits including making SH AC uair about 1000 times easier to do when double sticking.

Kanunuu

Smash Cadet
You don't have to double stick, (tap jump) if you have a shoulder button set to jump. I would definitely recommend using a shoulder button for jump as well as x/tap jump, so that your double jump up airs are more accurate. I also would set c stick to attack so that perfect pivot up tilt and d tilt are easier. It also makes it possible to space and get better hitboxes like with pp d tilt. Not to mention sh auto cancel up air.

potter5656

Smash Cadet
I use a becaus the distance from jump to A is shorter. this allows me to make the timing window more consistantly

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you shouldnt set L to jump, you should set it to special so you can do instant aerial side B properly and consistently, as well as cbounce lasers if you want to be a winner

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
you shouldnt set L to jump, you should set it to special so you can do instant aerial side B properly and consistently, as well as cbounce lasers if you want to be a winner
You can do this with L as jump...

L > Side b
Jump > wave bounce laser

L as jump has no effect on someone's ability to press b really fast lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
You can do this with L as jump...

L > Side b
Jump > wave bounce laser

L as jump has no effect on someone's ability to press b really fast lol

yeah your first point is right ahaha didnt even think of that, the other point though you cant do with L as jump
wavebounce and cbounce are not the same thing, cbouncing looks like this (http://giphy.com/gifs/l41lQ5Fa9iBtnYKNW) and requires you to hit the cstick on the same frame you hit special, which if you have special set to B is almost impossible to do unless you claw. Need a shoulder button for special to do that properly.

Gretalian

Smash Cadet
yeah, C stick set to attack definitely works best for me. Thanks for tips. Considering using R for jump.

Top Bottom