• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question for zelda users

GhosTim14

Smash Cadet
Ok, I just wanted to know if any Zelda users also use Sheik. No, I don't mean being Zelda finishing a round and then using Sheik. What i wanted to know is if anyone uses BOTH Zelda and Sheik in the same match. If so, can u post videos to see how you play as both Zelda AND Shiek in the same match.

Eten

Smash Ace
Sometimes, when I down-b on accident I...

No srsly though, transformation is all laggy and slow now, I think it is a real oversight on the developer's part. It make transforming very risky. In theory, sheik could be fast and combo to build up damage, while Zelda has KO power, in addition to be an effective combination through clearing the weakened states of attacks on transform. However, it doesn't really work that way, because both Zelda and Sheik cover all of their needed elements of damage, projectiles, and KO power separately, or at least it is clearly true for Zelda, and they have no need to rely on the other. What it COULD be useful for, however, is if it is found that Zelda and Sheik have individual matchups which they excel at, switching can allow "on the fly" character counterpicking.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I use Sheik when the match-up demands it. However, I'm not very good with Sheik, so I'll stay Zelda most of the time until I accidentally do Down-B (sometimes my friends let me change back). I used to switch to Sheik when I was at high damage for her recovery (tether + teleport), until I got good with Zelda's (I'm still a little rusty with it, but I've only been a Zelda main for about a week now.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sorry, I'm 100% Zelda, never use Sheik. The only time you'd see me as sheik is if I accidently press Down+B. You gotta admit though that Zelda can hold her own in many battles now. Besides, I dont do well with speed characters (Metaknight and Pit are acceptions).

Kit-Tsukasa

Smash Cadet
I still use both since you are invincible during the transformation. Problem is recovering and playing Zelda at higher damages is definetely the better option. Sheik is better at lower damages. Although her combos are not as good as they were in Melee, she's still fast enough to rack up some damage and then finish with several of Zelda's moves. Other than that, she's nerfed big time.

BananaGod

Smash Rookie
pretty much if you start the match with zelda then stick with it, and vice versa with sheik. If you transform at all during a match during any decent player you will be punished big time.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
RyokoSaka (i usually mispell his/her name) transforms in her video, it's in the Zelda video thread. It's in a meaningful way too.

Overall, IMHO, being able to play both is going to be very useful in the deep future. Once more of the intricacies of the characters are known, players will find ways to be great against sheik, or great against zelda, and playing the other could be an awesome counter.

neji49

Smash Cadet
I use both of them(though shiek primarily). Shiek is good at comboing them up and Zelda can go in for the kill. While Shiek can't KO them, she usually can knock them back far enough to allow time for transformation. It works pretty well for me.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
can't post videos sorry .
I try to use them both Zelda for KOs (Din's fire works wonderously)/ Shiek for damage racking also evasion.
I think its best to transform somewhere that you opponent can't hit you(close to the ledge)

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Argh I've been saying this for AGES now, but as usual, no one pays attention. BUT, I'll say it one more time.

If you want to get around the problem of Sheik -> Zelda, Zelda -> Sheik transformation without getting punished badly, you have to wait for the right moment. I.E. When you get smacked really hard and get flung away into the air. This gives you an uncampable transformation space and TONS of time (the transform DOES slow your fall rate down) to either switch once, switch TWICE (thus resetting your move decay) and possible even Three times (I don't know why you would do this) depending on how far you've gotten hit. This works, I've tried it, even at not huge damage percentages (80% is a good time that allows large knockback, but probably won't kill you - unless its Ike or Bowser's Fsmash).

Most people on this board will be sticking with one or the other (Zelda is actually preferable to Sheik in many situations this time around), but there you have it.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I only use the transformation to shield myself from Super Sonic, and certain Final Smashes.
Most people can't control Super Sonic, and can only occasionally get close to me, so being open at the end of the transformation isn't much of an issue =P

I'm 100% Zelda.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I only use the transformation to shield myself from Super Sonic, and certain Final Smashes.
Most people can't control Super Sonic, and can only occasionally get close to me, so being open at the end of the transformation isn't much of an issue =P

I'm 100% Zelda.
haha thats a great idea. Right now the people I play with are still playing items (they played no items in melee, but say its fun to play with items a bit at the beginning), so smashballs are still hanging around. I wonder if you can get out of Kirby's cooking by doing that. I have a feeling the entire character disappears while the other is loading and is just replaced by the animation. I should try that out...

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
Primarily Sheik but yes I do tranform between the two in the same round. I like to keep a variety and make use of all the fighters moves no matter what. Especially against Super Sonic and Landmaster that Transformation is priceless. I dont care what people say about the transformation speed.

S2

Smash Lord
I use both.

Well its like 90% Zelda and 10% Sheik. Knowning how to play Sheik is smart in case you're in a bad matchup and need a fast combo character or if you accidently change.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I used to main Sheik in Melee but I can't stand using her now. I got too used to Zelda that I can't use her that well. Sometimes when I accidentally hit down B I try to fend off with her. One time when I was facing a friend's Ness I switched to Sheik cause her aerials seem to have higher priority cause we kept clashing in mid -air and his moves would over ride mine.. It helped for a while but switched back -.-

-Onyx

Top Bottom