• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question for those who played as Snake at E4All...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark X

Smash Lord
...Oh wait, Snake wasn't playable! Oh how perfectly fair it was to have Sonic playable and not Snake.[/Sarcasm]

Discuss why Sonic was playable, but why Snake wasn't. I seen alot of post of people discussing why Kirby wasn't playable, but I haven't seen anyone wondering why Snake wasn't.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Snake was probably not playable because:
1. Sakurai's minddgames. OR
2. The bugs of his moveset haven't been full removed yet. Anyway, we won't ever know.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Snake had to of been there before Sonic, since they haven't decided on a second 3rd party character yet. Nearly two years since Snake was added, and they still haven't fixed him up? I would probably go for option number 1.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Because they only wanted to "give away" one of the 3rd party characters. And Sonic was the more recent.

Seriously, you think they'd want to give both of their 3rd party characters away in a simple demo? No, they want to keep up the anticipation for the actual release.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Because they only wanted to "give away" one of the 3rd party characters. And Sonic was the more recent.

Seriously, you think they'd want to give both of their 3rd party characters away in a simple demo? No, they want to keep up the anticipation for the actual release.
This seems to be the most acurrate reason here.

craiigg

Smash Lord
You could also ask the question why they only made bowser a new playable in melees demo

because they can >_>

cityofgarbage

Smash Rookie
probably because sonic was an apology for the delay. neither would've been if the game was on time, most likely.

Gamin Guru

Smash Rookie
its because most Nintendo fans dont know Snake like PS2 fans do and because they dont appreciate the awesomeness that is Snake

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
^^^
That is the sad, but undeniable truth. The fact that most of the MGS games are Playstation-centric will cause problems if they decide to make Metal Gear RAY a trophy. It's also wy Nintendo fans are noobs when it comes to MGS.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

Bingo. Plus, having Sonic playable was their attempt at easing the blow of the Delay O' Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom