• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question for the Falco mainers.

Krayn

Smash Apprentice
This is for falco mainers on Melee. I just loved falco on melee becuase playing him was so smooth lol. I guess falco mainers on melee would know what im talking about, so this question is addressed to them.

I've been trying almost every character on brawl and i just cant find the same type of character that falco was in melee. I dont really get a feel for flaco right now. So what character would you guys suggest?

Thanks.

JordPWN

Smash Cadet
I'd suggest Falco. But that's just me fanboying.

It's a new game, and entirely different. New physics engine, new characters, new movesets, new metagame. Give everyone a try, because you'll never find that same feeling you had with Melee Falco.

crimsonhaze

Smash Cadet
i was never that good with melee, but brawl falco can fill the void that the melee one left, if u truely know how to use it.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Melee Falco was sex with wings. No character in Brawl will feel like the melee Falco.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
I felt a lack of technical aspects to most of the characters in Brawl. I think Falco breaks that pattern. It takes time and practice before you can implement all of Falco's techniques fluidly, but once you have it, he the closest character to melee complexity I've found.

null55

Smash Master
I remember hearing a comparison to Wolf and Melee Falco....

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
I used Falco in melee and I use Falco in brawl, yes I love him. But I'd say...Zamus? Maybe ROB...
I don't really think there is a good comparison.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Well my advice is don't use brawl falco the way melee falco is. It's a different game with a different falco, to me it's like switching between two completely different characters with very similar movesets lol but different playing styles.

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
Falco was easy to rack up damage in melee, similarly to Marth in brawl with his dancing blade and fairs. Marth also has a variety of kill moves.

Krayn

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but i played Marth for a while and wasn't too crazy about him. I've been playing with diddy for a bit and he seems similar. I dunno ill just keep trying diff chars.

Thanks guys.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Marth is still amazing, even though he lacks a projectile.
Wolf isn't as fast, but he is awesome when played correctly.
His grabs aren't all that, and his laser is slow, but I think that other than that, he's got it covered.

Toon Link.
I hate him, but he is so good.
He's quick powerful, and you don't always see everything coming.

Also, how the crap can he move that fast?
His legs are like 2 inches tall, and 1/4th in depth!
He would trip all over the place!

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Also, how the crap can he move that fast?
His legs are like 2 inches tall, and 1/4th in depth!
He would trip all over the place!

He's got Mid-Tier Thighs of Thunder!

Anyways, @ Krayn, Falco is definetely worth the time to master him. the aroma of bread will soon infect you and you will be forced to join us.

Everybody chant with me!

JOIN US!
JOIN US!
JOIN US!
JOIN US!
JOIN US!
JOIN US!
JOIN US!
JOIN US!
JOIN US!
JOIN US!
JOIN US!
join us!
join us.
join uhhs......

*out of breath*

Knee Of Justice!?

Smash Cadet
y not just go falco again im sure if u spend some time with him in brawl like the above poster said falco is awesome in brawl just take some time with him im sure ul come around

crimsonhaze

Smash Cadet
falco does take longer than other characters to get good at. and it takes even more work after that to get really good. but if u keep with him, he will get alot better and u will enjoy using him

JarryLombardi

Smash Rookie
i know what you mean krayn, falco in melee felt so smooth and fun to play, and i played a good falco in melee, anyways, when i went to falco in brawl i didnt really get that feel, but you just gotta experiment with him and his familiar techniques that he had in melee, just so oyu get a feel for falco, then try his newer techs like his chaingrab or sumin.

Top Bottom