• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question for all Sheik mainers

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
Who fares well against Sheik, or what types of characters do well against her?

I am using Zelda and Pikachu, but I need to decide on a third character to cover my weaknesses.

Squidster

Smash Ace
I disagree with above poster...

1) Needles > ike
2) Sheik is one of the best character to punish Ike's lag. Boost smash or grab comes to mind
3) Sheik's game revolves around edgeguarding. Ike is easy to edgeguard.

Imo... Zelda is one of the best against sheik... looks like you're in good shape :p

<Edit> And by above poster i mean above ank

Player-1

Smash Legend
Thats why i said one who can make up for his speed, but i don't main sheik any more, i did in melee, but i use him from time to time. Ike's strength can easily KO Sheik at around 55ish damage. His needles won't be a problem for good ike users because the ike user should be staying close to Sheik as much as possible. Also I find Sheiks very easy to edge hog as well as Ike's.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
As Ankoku said, Olimar is a pain to fight as Sheik. No one else really sticks out for me otherwise. I find good DKs to be tough as well.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I disagree with above poster...

1) Needles > ike
2) Sheik is one of the best character to punish Ike's lag. Boost smash or grab comes to mind
3) Sheik's game revolves around edgeguarding. Ike is easy to edgeguard.

Imo... Zelda is one of the best against sheik... looks like you're in good shape :p

<Edit> And by above poster i mean above ank
Yes but Ike takes a million years to kill (esp for shiek), and generally your put in a position where you can't counter the smash attack even after you dodge it b/c Ike mainers try to put you in situations where even if they miss they won't be punished very badly.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
They'll try, but all of their smashes are punishable anyway unless they slide off the stage by hitting your shield :V

And why would it take a million years to kill Ike when Sheik has a solid edgeguarding game and Ike has one of the most vulnerable recoveries in the game?

3xSwords

Smash Lord
A good Ike will just save the 2nd jump, then when hear the edge air dodge, 2nd jump, upB. This is pretty hard to edgeguard depending on who you are. And Shiek has low knockback on a lot of her moves so it will take some time before Ike is hit very far out which is where he is most vulnerable in his recovery game. Although my million years was an exagerration, I just don't think Ike is as simple as the guy described b/c generally we don't use our smashes that much and when we do they are in favorable situations.
I would also think a shiek would have trouble b/c Ike's aerials just pretty much own hers in terms of range. Btw I'm on the shiek forums b/c I'm thinking of her as a good secondary. I mean who cares about the nerfs shiek is still awesome.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
A good Ike will just save the 2nd jump, then when hear the edge air dodge, 2nd jump, upB. This is pretty hard to edgeguard depending on who you are. And Shiek has low knockback on a lot of her moves so it will take some time before Ike is hit very far out which is where he is most vulnerable in his recovery game. Although my million years was an exagerration, I just don't think Ike is as simple as the guy described b/c generally we don't use our smashes that much and when we do they are in favorable situations.
I would also think a shiek would have trouble b/c Ike's aerials just pretty much own hers in terms of range. Btw I'm on the shiek forums b/c I'm thinking of her as a good secondary. I mean who cares about the nerfs shiek is still awesome.
IMO, Rob and Zelda are the hardest matchups for Sheik. To the above post though, I think that Sheik's aerial game is more then good enough to keep an Ike far enough away from the edge so that he's unable to use his Up+B , and at that point, when he has to rely on his forward B to recover, he's at the disadvantage to Sheik.

Soma

Smash Journeyman
Any character that has good range and/or priority. As Drephen mentioned, MK sucks to fight, its hard to get through his range and speed. Zelda and Pika should be well too considering you can be quite gay really easily.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Here is what angers me about the sheik matchups..

She is best against larger, heavier characters.. which is exactly where Zelda excells
I wish that sheik and zelda were ideal against DIFFERENT body types, but alas.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
zelda also owns toon link :(

Edit:
Sheik's aerials don't have much knockback... but against an ike player there is always that possibility of a stage spike :(

Top Bottom