• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question against higher tier floaties

Letgomeluckycharms

Smash Rookie
I main Falco, and I love playing against pretty much any other character. Except Peach, Samus, and Jiggs. What character counters those 3 the most?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I refer to the phanna chart: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=92025

I'd say that floaties have a really tough time against Sheik and Fox, in general, though. Both have strong vertical KOs and good speed of attack and movement. However, Samus, Peach, and Jiggs all have their different styles of play and attacks, so there's no single character that best counters them all.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
I refer to the phanna chart: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=92025

I'd say that floaties have a really tough time against Sheik and Fox, in general, though. Both have strong vertical KOs and good speed of attack and movement. However, Samus, Peach, and Jiggs all have their different styles of play and attacks, so there's no single character that best counters them all.
just sheik will be the best choice
fox gets owned by samus peach and the jiggs

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
fox gets owned by samus peach and the jiggs
No, he doesn't.

Anyway, you've got plenty of options. Sheik is probably the easiest and most advantageous route (soft counter to samus and jiggs, roughly even to peach). Marth does fairly well against those three, as does fox (a good, fast, technical fox anyway). Captain falcon completely owns them and then gets completely owned by them in return. Ganon does fairly well against those three too.
Or you could just learn to spam a lot more laser and nair with falco and you should do alright against the high-tier floaties.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Marth handles Samus and Jigglypuff quite well and has a slight advantage on Peach, however Marth is difficult to use as a secondary at higher levels of play due to the large learning curve.

Fox in general is a good choice as a secondary character because he doesn't have many bad match ups.

Top Bottom