• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about Z-air

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it's a well known fact (well - sort of) that the z-air is one of those moves that doesn't suffer from the dumb stale moves system in brawl. Now keeping that in mind does that mean it doesn't actually refresh your other moves or does it still register as a regular attack? Even grab attacks will refresh other moves - but those suffer from the stale moves. I was just wondering if anyone had actually looked at this. Seems like samus doesn't really spam kill moves left and right so it's not like your smashes would really go bad - but it could matter for your dtilt KOs if this doesn't actually effect that.

anyways - either somebody answer that knows or somebody test it.

not gamebreaking but important base information methinks.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
OH, AT LAST!! A new Samus thread. I was dying for one to come!!

hmm.. that's pretty intresting..
I've never really tested it, or even thought about it actually!

Let's wait N see what the big guys have to say about it..

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Yep, it doesn't refresh stale moves. Also, Samus' pummel doesn't refresh stale moves unless you use it slowly, just like a normal grab attack. If you press A quickly, the additional hits won't count towards stale moves. :S

ll Mafia ll

Smash Apprentice
Yep, it doesn't refresh stale moves. Also, Samus' pummel doesn't refresh stale moves unless you use it slowly, just like a normal grab attack. If you press A quickly, the additional hits won't count towards stale moves. :S
You just can't press it too quickly.
Like someone said before, a steady, slower, but not slow, pace with alternating Z and A grab attacks does the trick.

There is a certain speed, but it's definitely not slow as normal grab attacks.

Top Bottom