• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about Toon Link's D-Air

Ch-Akruru

Smash Cadet
I've noticed that sometimes when he uses it, instead of pound the ground and going fast it's slower and stops after a while. What is the cause of this? Am I just overlooking somethign really obvious?

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
Actually its when you suffer a Knockback and try immediately to Dair.
Throw bombs at yourself with more than 95% and try to Dair.

Also if the Knockback is so huge, or you have too much damage - and jump->Dair, the Dair will make you hover.

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
It's a gravity glitch; like Kizzu (SP?) said. If your character is launched in a direction ( I only know that up works) and tries to do it while launched, it moves slower because the gravity is still pushing up or something, it could probably be used for recovery, you shouldn't be using the dair far up anyway though, it does maximum damage only when it's performed really close to the target.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
ur second jump also allows you to dair and float
Only if you being hit before by a big knockback.
I edited my post with this info about the jump.

It's a gravity glitch; like Kizzu (SP?) said. If your character is launched in a direction ( I only know that up works) and tries to do it while launched, it moves slower because the gravity is still pushing up or something, it could probably be used for recovery, you shouldn't be using the dair far up anyway though, it does maximum damage only when it's performed really close to the target.
Sorry, but what do you mean by SP? xD~

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I think it may have been purposely put in the game. To prevent you retaliating immediately after an attack.

The hit stun in this game is pretty low, so it would be a bit broken to be able dair someone as soon as they usmash you.

Clink

Smash Cadet
yeah, it's got a lot to do with the KB that is already done to TL as he does the D-Air. Also, during the D-Air, if you already hit someone, just tab down on the C-stick and you'll increase that drop rate again on either a second person, or if the KB on that first person you wasn't too bad, you can hit them again XD.
TL is actually all about those KB's and Airs though. WooT.

Top Bottom