• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about SHFFLed UAIR timing

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I did a search in this forum for UAIR and got three thread results. I read them and they did not help.

So here's the problem I'm having. I use the C-stick for aerials. I have no problem SHFFLing any of them when I'm just jumping around, but it seems the timing for the UAIR is changed when you hit someone. I've been starting the UAIR immediately after I jump so I can chain them as fast as possible, but when I hit someone it often won't let me fast fall. I'm pretty sure my timing is consistent, so I have to wonder if there are some freeze frames or something. :confused:

I hope I made this clear, but I have the feeling I may not have. Basically, I can't SHFFL UAIRs as fast on opponents as I can just jumping around because it won't let me fast-fall as early when I hit someone.

Also, does it make a difference what part of the UAIR you hit someone with? I know it affects the direction they go, but does it affect damage, knockback, etc.?

Thanks

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
Yes, there is a minor amount of hitlag that you have to deal with if you hit somebody. Just fastfall a frame or two later.

Also, does it make a difference what part of the UAIR you hit someone with? I know it affects the direction they go, but does it affect damage, knockback, etc.?
It affects damage and knockback, but I don't know if it changes the amount of hitlag.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Thanks. Is there hit lag for Falcon's other aerials? Because I haven't really noticed any =\

though that could just be because with the other aerials I'm generally already fast falling when they hit...

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Yes, all aerials have hitlag.

You have to FF after the hit has ended.

I think for some reason his Dair has additional hitlag compared to the other 4 aerials.

Test it out. I'm not 100% on that.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
my bet is all of them. uair comes out the bottom, so unless theyre crouching it should hit right?

dair does seem to have a lot of hitlag. i never fastfall or l-cancel it properly when i dair a shield

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Well-timed would mean that you hit with it. There is no "perfect timing" for Falcon's ariels if they all hit ;). So, if they aren't over you, use the Uair later than normal if you want to connect.

technomancer

Smash Champion
my bet is all of them. uair comes out the bottom, so unless theyre crouching it should hit right?

dair does seem to have a lot of hitlag. i never fastfall or l-cancel it properly when i dair a shield
Maybe if you time it superperfect it'll hit everyone, it definately doesn't hit at ground level. I think the closer you are to Falcon's body, the better chance you have as well. I'm pretty sure you can hit anyone taller than Falco, but I dunno if you can hit the spacies and shorter (dang ******* >.<)

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
Maybe if you time it superperfect it'll hit everyone, it definately doesn't hit at ground level. I think the closer you are to Falcon's body, the better chance you have as well. I'm pretty sure you can hit anyone taller than Falco, but I dunno if you can hit the spacies and shorter (dang ******* >.<)
you just do the aerial much later, and it should work.
i dont mean to have the aerial come out right away.

Top Bottom