• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about sheik's up B

Spirit-yell

Smash Rookie
As I was playing today I was thinking of the possibilities of edge canceling up B. For example, say my enemy is at kill percent on battlefeild, and I chase him with a vanish after a f throw, can I edge cancel on one of the platforms and immediately follow up with a uair? I was unable to find any information about it in the forums. I can't imagine that no one has tested this with all the other characters with useful ledge cancel tech.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
As I was playing today I was thinking of the possibilities of edge canceling up B. For example, say my enemy is at kill percent on battlefeild, and I chase him with a vanish after a f throw, can I edge cancel on one of the platforms and immediately follow up with a uair? I was unable to find any information about it in the forums. I can't imagine that no one has tested this with all the other characters with useful ledge cancel tech.
The only move of sheik's that ledge cancels is aerial needles. BF used to, but was patched out. Vanish never has in S4. I think it's weird, as Sheik is the only character with a teleport up special that doesn't ledge cancel, but ah well. We'd probably just get more hate.
There is a thing however, where you land with up b at the very edge of a ledge and seem to reset to idle animation, then cancel off the ledge and go back in free fall. I don't have any vids of this, but it's useless unless you want to duke your opponent I guess. Try messing around with it on lylat, as the stage tilts help with ledge cancelling.

But yeah, no it doesn't ledge cancel. I wish it did :p

From now on please make use of the pinned threads on the Sheik boards, instead of making a new thread for a small question like this. Specifically the Sheik Q&A Thread would have been good for this question.

Spirit-yell

Smash Rookie
The only move of sheik's that ledge cancels is aerial needles. BF used to, but was patched out. Vanish never has in S4. I think it's weird, as Sheik is the only character with a teleport up special that doesn't ledge cancel, but ah well. We'd probably just get more hate.
There is a thing however, where you land with up b at the very edge of a ledge and seem to reset to idle animation, then cancel off the ledge and go back in free fall. I don't have any vids of this, but it's useless unless you want to duke your opponent I guess. Try messing around with it on lylat, as the stage tilts help with ledge cancelling.

But yeah, no it doesn't ledge cancel. I wish it did :p

From now on please make use of the pinned threads on the Sheik boards, instead of making a new thread for a small question like this. Specifically the Sheik Q&A Thread would have been good for this question.
Will do, thanks for the help.

Top Bottom