• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about numbers in 1P mode...

Luppi

Smash Rookie
When you're on the character select screen for the 1P adventure mode, you can see the highest score you got with each character on the bottom right, along with a certain color SSB symbol to show what difficulty level you used. My question is, what does the blue number in the parentheses mean?

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah i think its either the number of times you've played/beaten 1p mode or maybe the number of the game that you got the highscore on... i don't remember

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I would guess it is either how many total continues you used, or how many total times you've beaten the game. I do not know for sure though. Simple test, play it on emulator, continue twice, and then finish the game once. That way you can check if it is continues, completions, or a total of the two.

BladeZero

Smash Cadet
Edit

The number in parenthesis is the number of bonuses you recieved ( eg. speedster, no miss).

Luppi

Smash Rookie
Alright, thanks for the info, BladeZero. :)

I was just curious is all...don't need to be upset because I played 1P mode. I just wanted to beat it with one life, very hard, no retries. It took me forever but I finally did it! :chuckle:

_kSo_

Smash Master
alexbarry, wtf? he was just asking a simple question about single player. What right does that give you to flame on him, telling him that he shouldn't be playing single player? Who are you to tell someone what they can and can't do? Just because you don't enjoy reminiscing with the pleasure and simplicity of good ol' single player doesn't mean others can't. This guy came onto this forum (obviously new to the boards -2 posts) expecting to simply get his question answered, not to get flamed on for doing something different than the smash community. In my opinion, Luppi, you sir, should go play that one player as much as you want and dont worry about what people say because half the time, they don't matter much anyway. Congrats on beating it on very hard 1 life no continue. U know what? i don't even think I've ever done that. props to you my friend.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to play 1p mode when I get back to my n64 at school on my new smash bros japanese import. It's the only way to unlock the characters without gameshark.

Hollerrrrr

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the dub-post. When I get this internet problem fixed I'll be a lot happier, plus i'll be on kaillera again.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
alexbarry, wtf? he was just asking a simple question about single player. What right does that give you to flame on him, telling him that he shouldn't be playing single player? Who are you to tell someone what they can and can't do? Just because you don't enjoy reminiscing with the pleasure and simplicity of good ol' single player doesn't mean others can't. This guy came onto this forum (obviously new to the boards -2 posts) expecting to simply get his question answered, not to get flamed on for doing something different than the smash community. In my opinion, Luppi, you sir, should go play that one player as much as you want and dont worry about what people say because half the time, they don't matter much anyway. Congrats on beating it on very hard 1 life no continue. U know what? i don't even think I've ever done that. props to you my friend.
I didn't even read past the first line.

sryemokid

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
I'm not emo, im just saying it'd be nice if you were nicer to the new people on the forums. The smash 64 community is small enough as it is. you don't need to be scaring away newcomers

Yeah, I was just messin with him. Besides why would I be nice to someone just because they're "new"?

Luppi

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the support, Kso4351, Meowkitty007, anyone else, but really...no offense taken, AlexBarry.

JaimeHR - Who are you using against the polygon team? I find it simple with just using a cheap move like Yoshi's (v + B) or Kirby's (v + B). :)

Also, to anyone, I'm wondering how the VS stats work on that one page. Is there somewhere I can find what all the categories mean? I understand the KOs and TKOs but things like 'SD%' or 'Average' I just don't know. Any help would be great.

moogle

Smash Ace
Also, to anyone, I'm wondering how the VS stats work on that one page. Is there somewhere I can find what all the categories mean? I understand the KOs and TKOs but things like 'SD%' or 'Average' I just don't know. Any help would be great.
"SD%" is what percent of that character's total deaths (TKOs) were suicides (SD, Self Destructs). "Average" is the average number of fighters present when that character was in a vs mode match... for example, if you only used Jigglypuff twice ever in vs mode, once in a 2-player game, then once in a 3-player game, then Jigglypuff's "average" would be 2.5

If you wanna know any other statistics, just ask. :p

Top Bottom