• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about DAC

Elemental1ce

Smash Rookie
I have a question about Link's DAC. Sometimes when I do it, my Link goes really far, like almost all da way across final destination, and sometimes it only goes like 2/3 of the distance. Does it depend on the timing of da buttons I press?

Bouse

Smash Ace
Really it's all about the timing. The timing also alternates the bomb-sliding (DACing with a bomb in hand) based on how you time it. Just get used to it *shrug*.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
That might stay unknown for some time. Being that it is an advance tech move, or glitch as some may call it, it would be harder to say exactly. As for I, usally I either end up not going far enough or make a mistake and just use the claw shot.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Just change R to "Attack", and use R for the DAC. Made my life easier.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
IMO it's the amount of time in between the dash and the C-Stick down. I was actually practicing some Bombslide to DAC stuff the other day, and I noticed that the sooner I pressed down the C-Stick, the farther I went. I think it's an issue with the speed of your dash when you press C-Stick down. Obviously, your Dash speed has the biggest increase at the beggining. (0 Speed to initial dash speed) Therefore, when you decrease Link's friction by DACing, you have all the momentum pushing Link. Obviously, things get slower as you progress through Link's frames. (initial dash speed to slightly faster slight speed) When you're too late, there isn't enough change in momentum to push Link forward. That's the secret to Link's DAC. (I think)

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
IMO it's the amount of time in between the dash and the C-Stick down. I was actually practicing some Bombslide to DAC stuff the other day, and I noticed that the sooner I pressed down the C-Stick, the farther I went. I think it's an issue with the speed of your dash when you press C-Stick down. Obviously, your Dash speed has the biggest increase at the beggining. (0 Speed to initial dash speed) Therefore, when you decrease Link's friction by DACing, you have all the momentum pushing Link. Obviously, things get slower as you progress through Link's frames. (initial dash speed to slightly faster slight speed) When you're too late, there isn't enough change in momentum to push Link forward. That's the secret to Link's DAC. (I think)
That certainly fits the pattern of what happens to me when I do it.

D

Deleted member

we all know its about timing, but do you know twhat frame you have to dac on to get a true dac?

thats why its unknown

Top Bottom