• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question about certain characters

darkshy

Smash Ace
Okay I play my sister in smash (who are actually pretty good) and one uses young link the other uses marth. I was wondering what is the best way to fight both. I try to spam my pills but I still don't really understand how to do it properly I try using as many combos as I can agaisnt them but that doesn't work well either any help?

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
are you talking about fighting both of them at once... or 1v1... b/c if you do 1v1, it's best to wavedash and pill. i normally wavedash forward and pill and then wavedash backwards and pill... and then jump and do some aerial attack... i just started playing the doc today... and that little combo seems to be working... i just played my friend tony who secondaries marth... and it was a hard battle... but the pills works alot... they are somewhat like falco's shl... and i love that cape... (tha black suit is the best)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
the key things to remember with pill spamming are 2 things: spacing and variation.

Spacing is pretty important against Marth and link. They are both fairly powerful characters so can hurt you quite badly if you pill too close. Try to learn how close you can get without being vunerable after the pill lag. Marth for instance has a lot of range in the fsmash but if you stand so that you are just out of range, you can pill spam.

Variation is a good thing to do as well since predictable pill spamming will be evaded and punished. I suggest you read the pill section on Cyphus' guide If you haven't already, which is very good and learn how to use all the pill techniques. Use all of these when pill spamming and make it hard for your opponent to dodge them. For instance, if you just pill from the ground, your opponent can just jump over them.

Don't forget this as well- pill spamming is a good technique to build up damage and to create an opening. You shouldn't really be doing it as much if your opponents are at high %

Hope that helped

d_shep04- I wouldn't wd forward and pill, it will leave you really vunerable.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
i just started playing doc 2day, but thanx for the info. i'll def. take that into consideration. i need as much help as i can get

Top Bottom