• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about c falcon

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
How do you aproach someone. The only real way i know how to get something started with falcon is, run at them with a dash, or run and try to grab. Any other ways?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Leap at them with a knee of justice.

Or just run at them with a dash attack/aerial.

Or if you're feeling lucky, a Flying Falcon Punch.

Falcon Kick works nicely, but don't spam it.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Assuming they're on FD, I would either run and short hop fair, or run jump right about at their feet and short hop bair them. Of course, these only work a small fraction of the time, but at least it's something better than dash attack, or falcon kick, or over B.

(Falcon is just horrible all-around when not in mid-air)

Not that this isn't basic information, but you really CAN'T beat decent players with Falcon unless you have really good tech skills or are just really fast with maneuvering him.

My preferred way of approaching ( with anyone) is short hopping aerials, depending on their reach and the time it takes to recover from their attacks. Falcon's range is pitiful, so you're not likely to start anything unless God bestows his grace upon you to allow you to actually sweetspot a knee.

Honestly, don't approach conventionally with Falcon. Short hop air dodge and dance around your opponents until you've mindgame'd them into a missed attack, at which point you either over B or grab, and aerial them--neither of which are very reliable or useful.

Don't approach with Falcon per se as much as always stay near your opponents and quickly moving around them, waiting for a time to strike with your horrible range.

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Sudsy brings up a good point when he says to avoid approaching with c.falcon. Unfortunately this is impossible because most characters have some form of projectile and they will harrass you with it from range.

When you are forced to approach, I think a reverse aerial rushed bair works the best. Dash attacks are also good but you have to change it up so you don't become predictable.

Another great tactic that I heard Wogrim talk about was lingering just outside of your opponents attack range. This either causes them to approach you or gives you a nice opportunity of punishing them.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Falcon has reach, guys just learn to use Utilt, it's range is beyond Falcon's heel, it's got a kinda messed up hitbox, nothing too much but it's the best we've got

Top Bottom