• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about Animal Crossing

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
What happened to humanity? There is only at maximum one human in each town, and animals appear to run most of the workforce including the government.

I even remember Mr. Resetti saying something along the lines of "don't expect special treatment because you're a human, implying that the species is endangered. No wonder Villager is so excited to be in Smash, he gets to meet more humans :p

Anyway what do you think happened to mankind in Animal Crossing, and don't say a nuclear disaster or that it's all a dream.

Gamecube

Smash Cadet
Well you can have 4 profiles a believe, so a maximum of 4 humans. Also, the game IS called Animal Crossing so it would make sense for there to be more animals anyways

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Well you can have 4 profiles a believe, so a maximum of 4 humans. Also, the game IS called Animal Crossing so it would make sense for there to be more animals anyways
I forgot about the profiles thanks for reminding me, and I'm wondering why there are more animals for a story standpoint I know it makes sense gameplay-wise.

Veggi

Smash Champion
All of Nintendo's franchises are video games within video games. The exceptions to this rule are Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Mother. Nintendo consoles are featured in Pokemon. Franchises and Nintendo consoles are constantly referenced in Animal Crossing. Mother, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing all exist at the same time on our planet, but in the future. Most Pokemon are a result of experimentation on animals, but Pokemon as a term has been expanded to encompass anything that can be caught and tamed with a Pokeball. This includes ancient monsters, certain human ghosts, and aliens. Humans have also developed psychokinetic abilities, which is seen in both certain trainers in Pokemon and Mother. Animal Crossing characters are a result of an attempt to create human/animal hybrids that have been isolated to certain mildly developed areas where the government can keep tabs on their individual social progression independent of the human species. A new position in the government allows humans to build a home among the animal hybrids and interact with them so that you can report back to the government with your findings. As time went on, more and more hybrids were made and as a part of an experiment they allowed government employees to start taking part in hybrid politics.

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
All of Nintendo's franchises are video games within video games. The exceptions to this rule are Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Mother. Nintendo consoles are featured in Pokemon. Franchises and Nintendo consoles are constantly referenced in Animal Crossing. Mother, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing all exist at the same time on our planet, but in the future. Most Pokemon are a result of experimentation on animals, but Pokemon as a term has been expanded to encompass anything that can be caught and tamed with a Pokeball. This includes ancient monsters, certain human ghosts, and aliens. Humans have also developed psychokinetic abilities, which is seen in both certain trainers in Pokemon and Mother. Animal Crossing characters are a result of an attempt to create human/animal hybrids that have been isolated to certain mildly developed areas where the government can keep tabs on their individual social progression independent of the human species. A new position in the government allows humans to build a home among the animal hybrids and interact with them so that you can report back to the government with your findings. As time went on, more and more hybrids were made and as a part of an experiment they allowed government employees to start taking part in hybrid politics.
Not bad, not bad at all. A bit trippy, but an interesting idea.

KirbyOnly

Smash Rookie
Maybe when Resetti is telling the player not to expect special treatment because they are human, he is just telling them that humans are animals too. Maybe he is hinting at some darker conspiracy.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I frigging love that story. I found it funny and absurd at best, and the creepiness of it isn't all over the place to not get absorbed to it, unlike most creepypastas. It's more of thrilling than creepy, even if it nears those levels around end chapters. Also, happy (bittersweet) ending...

Heck, I'd now imagine the yellow Villager (with same eyes as Billy) being his son or something.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It's just a town that happens to only have animals in it, then a human moves in. The end. I think Resetti just said that because he is the only human in the town.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Nah. humanity is fine, it's just a secluded village inhabited by mostly animals. The main character's mom and dad write him/her letters from time to time.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I remember having a theory.

On the TV shows in AC, other humans are seen.

One of the shows is a news report about a building exploding.

In New Leaf, when watching TV on a certain day at a certain time, an alien leader iterrupts the program and starts saying stuff, followed by a scene of a UFO reaching a city.

Why did the Villager move away so young? And how do they fight like that?

This has led me to believe that the humans are under attack by aliens, and the mom wanted her son/daughter to be safe, having no choice but to have them move far away from human society until this is over with.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I remember having a theory.

On the TV shows in AC, other humans are seen.

One of the shows is a news report about a building exploding.

In New Leaf, when watching TV on a certain day at a certain time, an aien leader iterrupts the program and starts saying stuff, followed by a scene of a UFO reaching a city.

Why did the Villager have to move away so young? And how does he fight like that?

This has led me to believe that the humans are under attack by aliens, and the mom wanted her son/daughter to be safe, having no choice but to have them move far away from human society until this is over with.
Well, canonically the only way the villager can fight is by hitting people with his net.

Top Bottom