• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quest To become a great Samus player

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
lets talk about how to beat sheiks
what can i punish & how
I know you can crouch cancel sheiks dash attack. If some how manage to get a grab u have a lot of options... IDK will post more on topic when have time...

I couldn't before you gave me permission just now, thanks.
Actually this whole week I'd been working up the nerve to ask for your blessing in continuing to do stupid crap like counterpicking Marths to YS and leaving the ground of my own volition.
And then you just give it to me in an offhand comment.
What a guy.
For the record, the above was written with no malice whatsoever. I just like words and being faux serious.
<3 This guy no homo u goin to pound 5?

Geist

Smash Master
Needles used properly can be a hassle. Of course most of these hassles can be remedied by recovering well. (I assume you mean needles offstage, onstage they're hardly a problem if you move around.)

Zimbagwe

Smash Rookie
Yea thats what i ment, Sheiks needles really hinder the bomb recovery and stun me long enough to get knocked farther away. And if i ever get caught in her D-throw i almost always get comboed out of it. Everything else i can handle fairly well, just that is my biggest issue atm.....then again i am new to Samus so thats probably a reason why =/

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
What?? Sheik's needles and D-throw cause you problems? That's so weird...
lol

The main issue I have with Sheiks are the ones that are actually smart enough to grab the ledge to Nair/Bair edgeguard. There is pretty much nothing Samus can do to counter it if the Sheik does it properly.

Everything else though is pretty much muscle memory, I've played too many Sheiks and got the matchup downloaded.

Zimbagwe: Love your AV.... JUDGMENT!

Pi

Smash Hero
grabs hurt/kill and we can be edgeguarded

i picked samus to avoid these things
only character i die by grab is marth with 200%+ to his upthrow god damnit

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I know, isn't that a *****?
Yeah, esp. since trading doesn't even do anything to save you and you can't tech edge, you're pretty much dead no matter what.

lol thanks, <3 golden sun
I can't wait to get my hands on the new one, but I need to beat The Lost Age first.

My favorite thing to do in the first one was to go back to the beginning and face those little ants, ****** goblins, and gnomes and just summon Judgment on those ****ers!

Yes I just destroyed the planet just to kill a lv.3 lawn gnome, take that *****es!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!:demon:

Top Bottom