• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland SummerSmash 2010 | Results linked in first post |

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i agree with DJ. pools may give a chance for more matches, but people are going to play heaps of matches anyway. tournies are a great place to play friendlies against people who you don't often play at meets, and people are going to be gravitated towards those matches and enjoy them more than their pools matches against mostly people they already play against all the time.

that said, i don't care if pools are done or not.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
so like i can go to meets and play people for free.. then i go to tournies and pay to play people. who i could vs at a meet or in the bracket. and also take up time that could be used on crew battles.
Pools are not that good.
Beach is much better.
Unless ya eliminate half or more the people no point.
Also it doesn't give ya a chance to play more people.
Or maybe it does, BUT i'd rather play friendlies with people I wanna play against then sit through a tedious drawn out match.

AND:
"Wanna play Snowboard Kids/friendlies/throw DK at people?"
Nah can't gotta wait on matchs...

Bring back the crews!
Needs some hyper BEFORE the day though!

Also, Billy, Diddy Long Racing?

Also, Norway would be good. :)
The point is that it is a tournament match.

You don't get to play people at a tournament level most of the time, and how many of you sit and do tournament sets as friendlies?

I value tournament sets more than friendlies as far as experiencing a person's full skill level.

I'll eliminate the bottom two from each pool.
How does that sound? That means people HAVE to try in pools, and at the end of the day, everybody gets more TOURNAMENT LEVEL matches.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
For brawl
so everyone gets like atleast 3 matchs :/ if its a 4 man pool. thats one more than usual.

if its a 6 man pool thats 5 matches each for brawl.. there goes atleast 5*3(half cause other people vs u.. like axb = bxa)*6(avg time)*2 (matches) = 3 hrs with no delays one tv. so u need another tv to be 1hr 30 minutes.
there are always missing people cause its long to watch =P

i know america does pools, but i dont really care about america =P

at a summersmash event theres plently of other ways to get bang for your buck...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Nothing can really substitute Tournament Level matches.

The idea of competing in a tournament is to test your ability to compete at a tournament level at the very least. That's why I think it's necessary.

Sieg

Smash Champion
The point is that it is a tournament match.

You don't get to play people at a tournament level most of the time, and how many of you sit and do tournament sets as friendlies?

I value tournament sets more than friendlies as far as experiencing a person's full skill level.

I'll eliminate the bottom two from each pool.
How does that sound? That means people HAVE to try in pools, and at the end of the day, everybody gets more TOURNAMENT LEVEL matches.
Well if you all stopped being ***s and started playing properly when we have meets we wouldn't have this problem.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
or it could be replaced with crew battle thats more important and can substitute, or grudge matches

also u are trying to get better by playing more tourny matches, however if u lose u get less, so u fall further and further behind? and the better people get better and better. this aint no smash charity its a competition. by which i mean pools seem unnessary.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
if melee day gets set to saturday then i'll be more than happy to record any and all money matches that happen. that'll increase the number of tournament level matches, right?

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
If Brawl is moved to Sunday I'm not coming or bringing Toki or either of my TVs or Wiis.

Needs 2 weeks notice for work johns.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I'll MM feggets in SF4.

Also it's a tournament, pools are a good way to get more games at a tournamentand if you eliminate the last 2 in pools then you can actually get people trying their best so they don't get knocked out, which is what I like to see. (I also like to see Nick losing to Stik and I in SF4)

Host more meet's if you wanna play for the lols, quite a few people want to get better and enjoy the tournament atmosphere.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If Brawl is moved to Sunday I'm not coming or bringing Toki or either of my TVs or Wiis.

Needs 2 weeks notice for work johns.
That's that then.

As I said before, it's not fair to go changing times on people like you want me to.
So it stays. Brawl Saturday, Melee Sunday.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Good luck, Ryan, if you go through with it.

Also, Michael, stfu.

Tournaments aren't meant to be 'friendly', they're played to be won srsly.
L2Serious.

Like how Zac is...
With his computer.
In this order:
*open WoW, (close WoW MAYBE), open Google Chrome - Smashboards, 4chan, PALGN, close Google Chrome, check MSN*
Repeat times infinity, with exceptions like isohunt and them other sites.
And play Smesh a little if someone's over.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Good luck, Ryan, if you go through with it.

Also, Michael, stfu.

Tournaments aren't meant to be 'friendly', they're played to be won srsly.
L2Serious.

Like how Zac is...
With his computer.
In this order:
*open WoW, (close WoW MAYBE), open Google Chrome - Smashboards, 4chan, PALGN, close Google Chrome, check MSN*
Repeat times infinity, with exceptions like isohunt and them other sites.
And play Smesh a little if someone's over.

No, you stfu. You didn't even understand what I meant because you were too busy being gay.

You're telling me to serious? lol.

I meant that you all sandbag like ******s when we play at meets, so you can only really play people in a tournament sense at tournaments. If you all stopped sangbagging like ******s you wouldn't be having this problem with the pools, as we'd all probably be satisfied with the matches you'd had at meets etc.

WHY CAN'T YOU READDDDDDDDDD FUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKK.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Hugh here: Hows about a ginormous round robin. Everyone plays everyone. Thats heaps of tournament matches. Alsos, if we skip pools people still have to play serious like, just they get less matches before going to friendlies/money matches, depending on the size of the pools(ie: dropping the bottom 2 of a 3 person pool gives the same amount of matches).

Also Also, Don't know whether I'll come without a doubles partner. I suck to much to be bothered going through singles without cool people to talk to after loosing. Anyone need a partners? I don't know whether I'd be able to bring dif's tvs/wii/gamecube either. I have my own setup+recording though. Anyone knowing how to live stream with vdub should come show me if I turn up.

ps, what do I have to do to get this account infracted?

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
I think everyone should just let whoever is running the tourny and renting the place organise and decide everything and stop arguing. why dont you go run your own comp and you have stupid things like round robins and brawl.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Fine, I'll go run my own comp.

With Hookers. And Blackjack.

Infact, forget the Blackjack.

And the comp.

Lol, I don't really care, I'm just saying that you all SANDBAG LIKE ******S.

Especially Zac. <3

Sirias

Smash Champion
Michael, get over yourself.
My post wasn't directed at you, only the part: "Michael, stfu.".
So... Again...
Stfu.
And also:
Get over yourself.

I KNOW we sandbag, but we only sandbag in "fffrrriiieeennndddllliiieeesss", because they are in a FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE WHERE WE DON'T PLAY TO WIN, WE PLAY TO HAVE FUN.
If YOU want to play as hardcore as possible, then it's just ridiculous. That's what tournaments are FFFOOORRR, TO PLAY AS HARD AS YOU CAAANNN. GODDD. DO YOU GET IT YET, YOU IMBECILE?
(Also if you didn't already KNOW, people don't try when not in a tournament because then you'd be able to gauge how good they are without even having anything on the line)

You all ASSUME that I don't try in tournaments because I laugh and smile and look stupid and sit funny, but it's how I play. I don't like looking serious when playing a KID'S GAME.
And I'm sure MOST people try with most games they play.
UNLESS they are stupid games, MEANT to be played dumbly.

Zac doesn't sandbag (most of the time), he just says he does to give himself an ego boost.
Now for god's sake, stop trying to impress people by joke bull****ting about getting hookers BY YOURSELF when that's clearly the best you could ever do anyway, and unless you're going to say something either helpful or FACTUAL, instead of your own stupid opinion based off rage instead of reason... ****. OFF.

c:

Edit:

Lachlan, I agree with you sort of.
But we can aid them into making it a 'better' tournament.

Edit 2:

I don't think you'd want to see this tournament live streamed.
Lol. c:

SRS BUzINesszzZZzZz''zz'z's's'zs' *open close open close* yehz.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Kas. I was the one pointing out **** about pools. Why are you even complaining if that's how you feel about it?

Man, based off rage? I don't even play this game. You've got no hope.

Here's another fact for you.

You're a ****.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I don't ever say that, haha, what are you on.
All I ever say is:
"THAT'S BULL****" And so on, shouting profanities.
Just like you.
SIGH, stop rubbing off on mmmeee...!

Also, Michael.
To whatever you said...
Ok.
Cbf.

Techno:

I trust that your statement is towards SMASH only, and NOTHING else.
Either way, to each their own.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
ill commentate the live stream some of the time =P if people want

also tournaments are sirias business.
also feedback is good, even tho i am fine with whateva anthony decides.

and guys the pools crap is about brawl not melee. sandbag all u want. k go.

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
Fd Masuta Is Here To Ruin Your Day

edit why cant you type all caps omg joize jur modar

Sirias

Smash Champion
AHHH now I remember what I meant when I said stfu.
It was for when you said "250 mm" to Ryan and then "too scared huh?".
Because it was funny.
We just wasted a sliver of time in misinterpretation. Lolll.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
MM ME FEGGET! (in SF4)

Let's just stick to what antho thinks is best... he's been a TO for a long time, he has the best experience and knowledge in this type of shizzle.

Also, Nick is baaaaad at SF4, so is Sieg and Stik. Muahahahaha

And I'd never MM someone 250, even if I knew I was gonna win =/

Sieg

Smash Champion
But it's an eays 250 you'd win if you knew you were going to win.

</3 Kas. Personal shots man. I cried at work today. Broke out in tears because of you.

It was like a river of water in my office.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
But it's an over 9000! you'd win if you knew you were going to win unless you have a bad scouter.

<3 Kas. Personal shots man. I jizzed at work today. Broke out in buckets of sperm because of you.

It was like a river of semen in my office.
hmmm sounds like u work at the toybox... nah lol just wanna try misqouting someone for once.

maaaan 250 $ i dont have that kinda money
i dont want sieg shooting my knee caps (i need dem for kneeing) asking "where my money at??"

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
lol, Money Match Debt Collecting.

There'll be roughly 4 pools, bottom 2 or 3 or so gets eliminated from each one.
Simple as that my friends :)

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
if you wanna play friendlies that are played as hard as possible, come play with me ben bryce and josh, we all try and sandbag as little as possible in friendlies (and still have fun =3). even if we suck.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
MM TO = Billy ill film all MMs i can and post them on youtube so start putting them down

Melee
Ryan vs Zac Melee money match $69.

BRAWL

SF4
Hotdogz vs Michael.. waiting for michael to back up his words and accept.
Hotdogz vs Nick (Nicks thrown down the challenge $5)
Michael vs Nick (Nicks thrown down the challenge $5)
Michael vs Ricky (im throwing this up there see who is the master of the dark chocolate)
Ricky vs Billy (Akuma vs Blanka $5)
Hotdogz vs Billy ($5 if hotdogz is up to the challenge)
Ryan vs Michael(Michael thrown down the challenge $250 prob a bit to high for a non SF4 player)

MvC2
Ricky vs Billy(Billy throws it down there $10)

If you wanna challenge someone post it and we will wait for the response

Top Bottom