• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QAC is Back! UPDATE!!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Nice!!!!! Yes, I thought it was just me being a scrub and only just getting used to 3DS controls, but it now makes sense. I was pretty quickly able to QAC on Wii U but never could on 3DS. When EColeWorld confirmed it on 3DS I thought for sure it was just me and left it at that with no other thought. Now I know the truth.

Unfortunately... I am sad to say this is where my QAC testing ends. I haven't the money for buying a Wii U at the moment and Smash 4 is just a few months away. I'd love to test it on Wii U but since I don't have the system, I won't be able to anymore. :(

Still keeping this subbed of course, but the best I could do now is help spread the info when whoever tests the Wii U finds out.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Been practicing the ledge qac, I think its definitely doable. Like, really doable.

With Sheik, I have already learned vanish cancel to ledge ( cancel the landing lag from vanish, by grabbing a ledge ) in brawl. It took a while to get an intuition of all the distances, but has proven to be really reliable for me. Pikachu's ledge qac is similar,but with far more versatility.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
After a bit of practice, ledge canceling the QA seems really easy, easier than brawl for some reason. I'm going to hopefully get a chance on a Japanese full release of the game and see if it will work on slopes. A friend of mine says it might be possible thanks to the detection of the slopes when he was messing around with it.

I think that if it's out of the 3DS version, it'll be out of the Wii U version, because it's essentially the same engine. I don't see why one would keep it in without the other having it. I'm not ruling it out completely, I just don't have any hope for it

As far as other QA techs go, I've managed to get ledge scarring down (a lot easier on Battlefield, than FD), but it's a bit slower than it was in Brawl and may not be as viable.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Quick Attack Cancel works as long as the ground you are dashing into is sloped.
Thanks to landing weird on slanted ground.

But it still doesn't work on flat ground.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
That's awesome. That's really, really good news.

So it's not that they took anything out, it's just that it never worked on flat ground on 3DS in the first place.

Guys, I think this is gonna be amazing. QAC for Wii U is super possibly in now.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I'm sure it won't work on flat ground in the Wii U version. The only video we saw of QAC was on Pilot Wings and that stage is constantly tilting.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I was able to do it on Wii U on Pilot Wings, now that I recognize the stage we played on, though I didn't record matches and only took notes instead. I guess it doesn't count, but I was able to do it on Pilot Wings when the wings were flat. I still hope that it's in and just had a tighter timing on Wii U when not on a slanted place, but if a lot of people that were at the same thing Zipzo was at tried and weren't able to, then I guess it doesn't look too great. :(

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior

Looks like it could be quite useful on Battlefield-like stages. Isn't it essentially how it worked in Melee? (I swear I've seen Axe ledge cancel up-b)

M15t3R E

Smash Master
As others have stated, QAC (unfortunately) does not work on flat ground. Just try any omega form stage. Exception is if you QAC on the very edge of the stage, for some reason.
For anyone who is unconvinced test this out on Yoshi's Island stage (NOT the omega form). Start trying to QAC on the upper platform. While it's flat you won't be able to jump cancel (QAC) on it. The instant that it tilts, you will be able to QAC on it.
It is confirmed that QAC works on any surface that isn't completely, perfectly flat (tilted to any degree).
If in the future it becomes the norm for only omega stages to be permitted in tournaments, this will hurt Pikachu by precluding the possibility of QAC.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I doubt they would only allow omegas. That would hurt a lot of matchups and Final Destination's neutrality is actually somewhat debatable where it's very clearly helpful to projectile users.

I sure hope that a decent selection of stages will end up in tourneys that can let Pikachu use QAC a bit

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Everyone will learn to always ban Yoshi's Island, so hopefully there will be more stages legal with slanted platforms. In the mean time, I guess get used to QAEC'ing on Battlefield.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Okay so the demo of smash 3ds was released today (9/12/2014) for Plat members and I got a copy of the demo. Not only myself, but @ Sapphire Dragon Sapphire Dragon was not able to QAC on the demo of the 3ds version! It seems like QAC is out of the 3ds version PERIOD!!!. Let me remind you that I did say that the game was subject to change through development and now I see where Pikachu in the 3ds version stands. Pikachu on the Wii U version will probably have this AT, at least I am hoping for it.

@ Sapphire Dragon Sapphire Dragon tried it out before me and couldn't perform it. I tried it and failed. SO! whoever is able to perform QAC let it be know because now we can officially say that Pikachu QAC is out of the 3DS Version UNLESS WE SEE PROOF

PIKACHU using QAC in SSB for WII U
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8HZRwWN7lHc

LONG LIVE PIKA!!!:pikachu:
I discovered what seems to be something similar to the QAC: The Quick Attack Ledge-Cancel (QALC), just diagonally up-b towards the ledge at a 45 degree angle from onstage. If done correctly then you will slide off the edge with momentum and not enter freefall, enabling Pikachu with more edgeguarding options. This in tandem with the normal QAC will make edgeguarding with Pika fierce!

Oh...you guys already discovered it...At least I did on my own without help lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom