• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I like #PoptheVote. I also like #LipService (even though it has nothing to do with voting). :D

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Mmh, I already had #Lip For SSB4 DLC, but that's not very clever...

I like #Pop The Vote, personally.

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
1 : Lip
2 : Furil
3 : Elias
4 : Thiana
5 : Ruby
6 : Seren
7 : ...Reimu Hakurei ?
8 : Er... Lip in a Charlie Chaplin movie ?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Hmm, I don't know. Donbe and Hikari still have a small support group, and for Lip to have a color scheme based on half of that duo, Captain Rainbow nod or no, would seem like a pretty big slap in the face to them...

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Hmm, I don't know. Donbe and Hikari still have a small support group, and for Lip to have a color scheme based on half of that duo, Captain Rainbow nod or no, would seem like a pretty big slap in the face to them...
Just like Waluigi, Daisy, Brittany, Charlie, Dark Samus, Dark Link, Impa, Roy, Leif, Wolf, Chrom, Galacta knight, Viridi, Medusa and every single one of Shulk and Lucina alts?

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Just like Waluigi, Daisy, Brittany, Charlie, Dark Samus, Dark Link, Impa, Roy, Leif, Wolf, Chrom, Galacta knight, Viridi, Medusa and every single one of Shulk and Lucina alts?
To me, it would sting more since Lip is, like Donbe and Hikari, a Japan-only retro character whose franchise hasn't been represented to any notable degree in SSB.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
To help #BlockTheVote or #LipService, is there anyone who can make artwork of Lip wanting to be in Smash Bros.? It's almost June.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
What do Donbe and Hikari do? I know what they look like and the Donbe has a stick but that's about it.
From what I know, the story is that Donbe and Hikari are kids "born from the heavens" and have special skills. Donbe, from what I hear, has superhuman strength, and can be pretty good with a weapon, where as Hikari has psychic powers such as healing, and mind-reading(?) Either way, they pretty much have a "Ness-styled story" going on, where they have to save the planet from an incoming evil. Matter of fact, the have a support thread somewhere on SmashBoards, but I haven't seen any activity for a while now, and I actually support them making it into Smash 4 as retro-reps.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
From what I know, the story is that Donbe and Hikari are kids "born from the heavens" and have special skills. Donbe, from what I hear, has superhuman strength, and can be pretty good with a weapon, where as Hikari has psychic powers such as healing, and mind-reading(?) Either way, they pretty much have a "Ness-styled story" going on, where they have to save the planet from an incoming evil. Matter of fact, the have a support thread somewhere on SmashBoards, but I haven't seen any activity for a while now, and I actually support them making it into Smash 4 as retro-reps.
Literally half of the characters I support are retro besides Isaac, Chibi-Robo, Starfy, Ridley, Goroh and Ray. I don't know if K. Rool is retro. I mean like I support Lip, Excitebiker (I believe I'm getting ownership to that soon), Star Man, Bub, Bomberman.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Still reminding you that I support Lip. Lip is one of the characters that has a large uphill battle to climb. Her games being slapped over by the likes of Pokemon and Yoshi does not help matters. She is likely, but she will have a harder time than Isaac or King K. Rool. Lip's biggest challenge is getting noticed.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Still reminding you that I support Lip. Lip is one of the characters that has a large uphill battle to climb. Her games being slapped over by the likes of Pokemon and Yoshi does not help matters. She is likely, but she will have a harder time than Isaac or King K. Rool. Lip's biggest challenge is getting noticed.
That's right. And it'll take more than Smash Ballot artwork involving Lip, and votes to help her get in.
It'll take Miiverse posts, love and appreciation, and more request tweets to Nintendo and Sakurai to help this fairy get her job back at Nintendo! We are going to give it to her till it hurts!
So, let's #BlockTheVote! Or... #PopTheVote. Or #LipService. Whichever comes first.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
That's right. And it'll take more than Smash Ballot artwork involving Lip, and votes to help her get in.
It'll take Miiverse posts, love and appreciation, and more request tweets to Nintendo and Sakurai to help this fairy get her job back at Nintendo! We are going to give it to her till it hurts!
So, let's #BlockTheVote! Or... #PopTheVote. Or #LipService. Whichever comes first.
Get Omni to smashify her dude. Tweet at him, it'll get her more attention.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Get Omni to smashify her dude. Tweet at him, it'll get her more attention.
That is the best recommendation to give right now. Reason being; seeing a character smashified lets people see it as tangible, something to grasp and hold, something possible.

Sending letters to Nintendo will only do so much, we need to spread the idea of Lip being in as a huge want. Telling people how her games got the boot when it came to Yoshi and Pokemon games would get people upset that a Nintendo character was hidden from them, it is already happening to Takamaru's fanbase and it is growing rapidly, Lip just needs that Spark that shows she is top Nintendo material to the masses.

We already know Lip is top material, due to her originality and uniqueness amongest the rest of the cast (Puzzle based fighter? No one else does that yet). If we spread the truth that Lip was given the short end of the stick and was not shown to the public properly, then that will form a sort of "Mob" of fans that hate how unjust Lip has been treated.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
That is the best recommendation to give right now. Reason being; seeing a character smashified lets people see it as tangible, something to grasp and hold, something possible.

Sending letters to Nintendo will only do so much, we need to spread the idea of Lip being in as a huge want. Telling people how her games got the boot when it came to Yoshi and Pokemon games would get people upset that a Nintendo character was hidden from them, it is already happening to Takamaru's fanbase and it is growing rapidly, Lip just needs that Spark that shows she is top Nintendo material to the masses.

We already know Lip is top material, due to her originality and uniqueness amongest the rest of the cast (Puzzle based fighter? No one else does that yet). If we spread the truth that Lip was given the short end of the stick and was not shown to the public properly, then that will form a sort of "Mob" of fans that hate how unjust Lip has been treated.
I mean Dr. Mario (hate that guy) but he's s***.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I mean Dr. Mario (hate that guy) but he's s***.
The infamous Doctor (at least that is who I think started this trend) who took Lip's first game and got slapped over it. Yoshi and Pokemon then followed in his footsteps.

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Tweeted to him. Keep an eye in case if he says he's working on Lip. If he isn't... let's keep requesting.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Regarding the hashtag, just use whichever you like best.

Of course it'd be nice if we could get it in the thread title as well.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Just because he hasn't said anything on Lip certainly doesn't mean he hasn't considered Smashifying her. It's best if we don't bombard him with requests - that's a great way to get someone turned off the idea of Lippy in Smash! Maybe a few prods every now and then to make sure he didn't skim over it.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Just because he hasn't said anything on Lip certainly doesn't mean he hasn't considered Smashifying her. It's best if we don't bombard him with requests - that's a great way to get someone turned off the idea of Lippy in Smash! Maybe a few prods every now and then to make sure he didn't skim over it.
Well the idea of the thing is to request a character on his twitter @Smashified. You can honestly do it as many times as you want. I just do one every time the new Smashified comes out. I did one for Isaac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well the idea of the thing is to request a character on his twitter @Smashified. You can honestly do it as many times as you want. I just do one every time the new Smashified comes out. I did one for Isaac.
I agree. Do it every time a new Smashified comes out.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The only thing I've used my Twitter account for so far is to ask Nintendo of America why they hate Panel de Pon. I figure I might as well use it for Smashifying. : P

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Speaking of Panel de Pon,
Is there anybody who can try making a Panel de Pon Stage using the Wii U Stage Builder and share online?
You'll need obviously Lip's Theme, platforms, and the shapes (Circle, Diamond, Heart, Star, Triangle, Upside-down Triangle, and the ! Panel)

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I tried making a #Lip for SSB4 DLC stage. It's... literally just the words #Lip 4 DLC (iirc) with Lip's theme in the background. Mostly I slapped it together to test the stage builder functionality. I could definitely try making something better or more imaginative, though.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
The only thing I've used my Twitter account for so far is to ask Nintendo of America why they hate Panel de Pon.
Don't do this.

That goes for all of you, quit implicating Nintendo for their so-called "treatment" of this game. When you use strong words like 'hate' where there is no actual hate, it makes Panel de Pon fans look like a bunch of crybabies. Show some dignity and respect.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
In fairness, that was a long time ago and I haven't done it again.

I do see your point, though. No one is going to want to help out a fandom that looks like a bunch of complainers to them.

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
I see Mr. Onymous has changed his icon!
Instead of tweeting to Nintendo, let's try to make promotional artwork and posters of her.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I see Mr. Onymous has changed his icon!
Instead of tweeting to Nintendo, let's try to make promotional artwork and posters of her.
Heheh, yep. ^^ I wanted to show my support in more ways than one.

I'd love to draw something to support the cause, but I don't know what I could. I have a hard time coming up with good ideas.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Have I prooved the justice of our culture, though?

Wow, what a page topper. Uhm, Lip is a cutie-pie. There, now we're back on topic (hopefully).

Last edited:
Top Bottom