• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

purpose of double shining on the flour?

mr_joey132

Smash Ace
What is double shining on the floor good for? I mean JC'ing a shine and then another shine without leaving the ground? and is it possible to do it constant?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
A constant can be done by in place waveshining. It can be used to bring their sheild down or to shine them if they try to sheild grab.

booshk

Smash Lord
A constant can be done by in place waveshining. It can be used to bring their sheild down or to shine them if they try to sheild grab.
that can be very easily gotten out of
i sugest u to just double shine

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
lol owned :p.

if you wanna know the purpose, watch the end of shiz's combo video. shield ownage.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Also, when pillaring another Falco or a Fox, your opponent can sneak in a shine by spot dodging yours and then shining you before your dair. The second shine of the double shine helps to prevent them from doing this because it comes out faster than a dair following the shine. Same deal if they try to JC a shine out of their shield.

Simply put, it adds a third, quicker, hit to the sequence of the pillar when attacking an opponent's shield. It is not only to eat shields though.

Razed

Smash Ace
Once I got one of my friends caught in the Great bay, lower platform underneath the bigger one with multiple shines =). He couldn't tech or DI for crap... =)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yeah like everybody else siad it helps break there shield...also...alot of times people will wait for the first shine and then to jump out or grab u or react in some way...right when they go to do that u will be abke to shine them with ur secong shine...peace

-hiroshi
uber-worst fl smasher

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I don't do it because Bombsoldier does it, even though I heard he could do it constantly. I do it because if you do it right, its real hard for people to get out of.

In order to do it you need mainly good timing.

Top Bottom