• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PUNISH ME!! (MK) A Mario guide against "cheap tactics and Hard-to beat scenarios"

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
VS the Turtle:

FIHL badly punishes the turtle

Up B goes through the turtle

Nair comes out faster than the turtle
This pretty much covers it :laugh:

If you can, run beneath him and hit him with an aerial, utilt, or Usmash. G&W isn't particularly speedy, so if his spacing is off, you can almost always capitalize upon it.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hmm...well Game and Watch's b-air is a pain, although FLUUD and Up B really help against him. His smashes are somewhat decieving, and he K.O's us at like 98% with a down smash, and they spam it considering it's so hard to punish.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
All of G&W's smashes are telegraphed but they do kill very early if he can land any of them. Priority is still an issue because it makes his ground game hard to beat out; G&W's Dtilt is too good. G&W is also very hard to gimp...unless CT turns out to be a godsend...

viparagon

Smash Ace
Hmm...well Game and Watch's b-air is a pain, although FLUUD and Up B really help against him. His smashes are somewhat decieving, and he K.O's us at like 98% with a down smash, and they spam it considering it's so hard to punish.
we can kill him at about that too, though

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Up B OOS pretty much screws up Snake's approaches and ground game, including Utilt. Other than UpB, Ftilt and the cape work nicely.

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol well when I'm at high percents, I'm usually really scared of his U tilt, which causes me to screw up and get KO'd. The range on that move is a beast.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I think the hardest part about snake is killing him and sometime's gimping him. Usually I CP with luigi because he kills earlier but when I want to be aggressive I go with Mario. He goes too high to gimp =(

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea he does, but when he's out of cypher he can't really do much except protect himself with down B, trying to reach the ground. Can you FLUUD his Down B? Gimping him isn't too hard, just a good timed f-air will do the trick. Lol I remember the Double f-air Boss pulled on a Snake, it was too sexy.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Yea he does, but when he's out of cypher he can't really do much except protect himself with down B, trying to reach the ground. Can you FLUUD his Down B? Gimping him isn't too hard, just a good timed f-air will do the trick. Lol I remember the Double f-air Boss pulled on a Snake, it was too sexy.
If Snake recovers super high there's not much you can do. If Snake is at a reasonable height or below the stage he's practically a sitting duck. Also, you can use FLUDD to push Snake away from his C4 but the explosion will probally still be large enough for him to get hit, besides, you get yourself stickied to gimp him anyway. However, if the Snake is really good he'll cypher away from the stage.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
If Snake recovers super high there's not much you can do. If Snake is at a reasonable height or below the stage he's practically a sitting duck. Also, you can use FLUDD to push Snake away from his C4 but the explosion will probally still be large enough for him to get hit, besides, you get yourself stickied to gimp him anyway.
Eh, most Snakes like to do a falling C4 or possibly a Nade or if you're within his Nair range which I hate alot x.x; And snake is even gayer when your knockoff stage. Upsmash pressure, Nair pressure and MArio doesn't have godly options on the ledge to contend with a broken ftilt/utilt :urg:

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Eh, most Snakes like to do a falling C4 or possibly a Nade or if you're within his Nair range which I hate alot x.x; And snake is even gayer when your knockoff stage. Upsmash pressure, Nair pressure and MArio doesn't have godly options on the ledge to contend with a broken ftilt/utilt :urg:
Just wait for his cypher, I don't even go after Snake's recovery until he's at least cyphered once.

Matt07

Smash Master
Against Metaknight's Tornado. I know N-air goes through his Tornado, and I can Smash DI out of it. So I'm above him, but when I use N-air (do you have to fast fall it too?), I still get hit by the Tornado, or he cancels it's (I'm fairly close to the ground) and I get punished.

Basically what am I doing wrong.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Against Metaknight's Tornado. I know N-air goes through his Tornado, and I can Smash DI out of it. So I'm above him, but when I use N-air (do you have to fast fall it too?), I still get hit by the Tornado, or he cancels it's (I'm fairly close to the ground) and I get punished.

Basically what am I doing wrong.
Nair has to hit near the top of the tornado to get out of it. Mario's Up B has to go through the eye. And the cape is just ****.

Top Bottom