• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punch-Out!! Assist Trophy

Punch-Out!! Assist Trophy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Now that Little Mac is confirmed, what Assist Trophy will represent the Punch-Out!! series?

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Probably King Hippo, or Doc Louis if he isnt a narrator/codec character like some say.

Dairz

Smash Ace
I think a big, slow character would make for good contrast to Little Mac.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
King Hippo makes the most sense.
But to be honest, I kinda wish that Punch Out would get two characters, and the second would be Hippo.

Dairz

Smash Ace
So far, King Hippo has the most votes. I expect him the most, but you'd never know if Sakurai decides to go with a more obscure Punch-Out!! character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Speaking of Assist Trophies... I like that Little Mac's reveal trailer paid homage to this Brawl Dojo picture...

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Aran Ryan! Who doesn't like a psychotic Fighting Irish?

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm going to go with King Hippo since he was one of the villains in the Captain N series, but please no blue skin.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
King Hippo makes the most sense. But man, Bald Bull's bull charge, vodka drunkenski (Or Soda popinski, you non arcade players) Breaking a bottle on someone's head, or Super Macho Man's Spin Punch would all be so awesome.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I was planning on taking this seriously, but then I found out who Bear Hugger is. Bear Hugger all the way.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Bald Bull is perfect assist trophy material. I can easily picture him appearing and then charging up his Bull Rush, releasing it and K.O.ing anyone in his way. He's also the most deserving IMO, appearing in more games than any other Punch Out character (even Little Mac!),

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
What about Doc Louis?

He could stay where he is and encourage, and yell one liners. Maybe he can pull out a chocolate bar and eat it. If somebody attacks him however, he will get made and go Samurai Goroh/Knuckle Joe on them, except all of the fighters will take damage, even the summoner

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Id say king hippo, make him thrash around while giving the other fighters the ability to hit him back making his pants drop. If not him then bald bull with his charge, or super macho man and his spin "release the bogus".

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think it should be Glass Joe, but I would also be fine with King Hippo or Aran Ryan.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
If Doc isn't giving codec/narrating for Mac, he's a natural AT. He shows up in the background and narrates/gives character specific advice to the person who summoned him, while offering them chocolate bars.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Looks like King Hippo won with an overwhelming majority vote, which is what I expected. We'll have to see what is revealed to be the Punch-Out!! AT in the future.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
By the trailer Doc Luis will have some "space" in the new game, so I go with him. But I hope Glass Joe or that crazy guy that dance

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Mike Tyson, of course! He'll shuffle across the screen and one-shot punch any player he comes in contact with.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I kinda quickly voted for Doc Louis, but I actually agree that Glass Joe would be hilarious. Not all assist trophies need to be good! I'd love to see a Joe trophy that can pack a modest punch if left alone, but is knocked out of the stage at the slightest hit. Kind of like Starfy but a little stronger.

Smady

Smash Master
The king is the most iconic. After that Glass Joe. Either of the two would be nice - I like the modern version of Joe over goofy KH.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I would say Glass Joe.

King Hippo would be a good one.

If Mike Tyson can be in WWE 13, then I see no reason why not include him in Super Smash Bros.

Then again Mike Tyson is about as likely as Shaq cause he's a real person like Reggie or Chuck Norris and I think Sakurai wants to avoid putting them type of characters in.

:yeahboi: Do I use Goldbond, yes I do, man up with Goldbond.

^ Would you want something like that in Super Smash Bros?

It's bad enough we have the requests of real life people we have now, ptting Tyson in is a bad idea if you ask me.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I would say Glass Joe.

King Hippo would be a good one.

If Mike Tyson can be in WWE 13, then I see no reason why not include him in Super Smash Bros.

Then again Mike Tyson is about as likely as Shaq cause he's a real person like Reggie or Chuck Norris and I think Sakurai wants to avoid putting them type of characters in.

:yeahboi: Do I use Goldbond, yes I do, man up with Goldbond.

^ Would you want something like that in Super Smash Bros?

It's bad enough we have the requests of real life people we have now, ptting Tyson in is a bad idea if you ask me.
As much as the people who voted for Tyson probably would actually like to see him in the game it's mostly just a joke.
I don't want Tyson or Reggie actually, but if they ended up in the game somehow, I wouldn't be upset at all. I would think it's hilarious and love the personality Sakurai has become.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Once again it's probably King Hippo, but I'd love Super Macho Man also.

Having him doing his signature clothesline while moving left or right would be pretty awesome.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Maybe they could include a roster item, and when activated it spawns a random Punch-Out!! fighter. They would all walk around and do their signature attacks and stuff, but can be fought like Starfy.

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe they could include a roster item, and when activated it spawns a random Punch-Out!! fighter. They would all walk around and do their signature attacks and stuff, but can be fought like Starfy.
That is actually a pretty cool idea, I wouldn't mind seeing something like that in the game, it seems like it would be a lot of work though.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Soda Popinsky. I don't see how this is even a question. He attacks other fighters rather moderately, unless one of them attacks his bottle. Then he goes on a personal rampage.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Mad Clown is more or less a palette swap of Bear Hugger. I like the idea of the player 2 Little Mac as a replacement, so we get two Macs for the price of one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom