• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puff mains what are your secondaries?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Ahhhhh

Yeah, what OddCrow said.

I main Villager, and second Jiggly, but I can say for sure, if someone plays Jiggly, chances are they'll enjoy Villager, and vice versa.

It's really not that hard to get a hang of him~

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I main Game and Watch and Jiggly about the same, though I play a lot more Jiggs online because my roomate and I play 2v2 online and jiggs is dope for it

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I second the Waa:4wario2:,his bike allows for easy pressuring and in my experience allows for him to quickly overcome projectiles, plus he has a nice air game too, so it was never hard to get used to him (at least for me).

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Might give Wario a shot going with the positive posts in this thread, i can defo see the connection between the two. And also Pit he's really good.

Last edited:

itsReaLitY

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoZ_MartineZ
My main is Ike and I secondary jiggs whenever Ike is getting outpaced or rushed by faster characters I switch to jiggs for her air game.

Roy Renard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-2716-4113
I'm currently maining both Jiggs and Duck Hunt in this game, with no real preference for one over the other. I have always liked Jiggs since Melee, played with her just for the lulz in Brawl (although she was completely useless) and now I find her pretty fun to use in Smash 4. I use Duck Hunt because I find him as kind of a spiritual successor to Brawl Olimar, whom I mained, and I basically use Puff first, but if I find some matchups kind of hard with her (like against fast and annoying characters, such as Sonic or Yoshi) I switch to Duck Hunt, which usually fares well.

PowerPuffPlayer

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if I'm late for the party, but I saw this thread and I had to answer (As a Jigglypuff main of course).
My Main is Jigglypuff because of her design and playstyle. It is easy for me to use jiggs because I prefer to use Ariel attacks. It took me 2 months to master her, AND I've wont tournaments with her as well. My second main is actually Mario. I love to master Basic/Weak characters to use them to their full potential. Mario is no exception. Mario may be "Basic" but I use him and Jiggly to where their Weaknesses are not even present. So basically, Mario and Jigglypuff are just fun to use in Combat. That is why he is my Second Main.

:4jigglypuff:/:4mario:!!!!!!

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Since december I've ditched WFT and picked up Rosalina as sub.
Main: Puff
Secondary: Rosalina and Game & Watch
Trying to learn: Peach

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
My secondaries are all over the place, and switches all the time, but currently my secondaries are: Peach, Yoshi, Villager, DK, Marth, and maybe but not really Falco and Game+Watch.

TurboPikachu

Wall of Pain
NNID
HyperChu
3DS FC
3394-3547-7986
I entered SSB4 dropping my 64/Melee/Brawl main Pikachu as I didn't like SSB4 Pikachu, and decided to main Dr. Mario because more-powerful Mario, but he was too slow and got gimped by every character in the freaking game. I took to using puff not because of rest, or her B-air finisher, but because of the wall of pain. I used her as a secondary in Melee, but the wall of pain puff strategy has been my most-reliable formula for winning games in SSB4, so I took her on as a main. Through every single game, my go-to secondary every time a main lets me down is Kirby, because he still has the puffball mechanic and very good aerials, but also has excellent ground speed and combo potential compared to puff.

SSB4 Secondaries (in order of priority): Dr. Mario, Kirby, Pikachu

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff IS my secondary. My favorite secondary too. I also secondary Meta Knight and Luigi, and I main Kirby.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Samus and Duck Hunt are my co-mains with puff. Puff is my go-to, but I can perform equally well with the other two and they all 3 have different strengths.

I do dable with Ganondorf, Villager, and Yoshi as secondaries though, but they're nowhere near as good as my main 3.

DatChrizma

Smash Rookie
I've been wondering if Meta Knight covers Jiggs matchups decently as I've been having fun with him in the past weeks.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Ive been using Custom Mii Gunner as my secondary. Set: 3112. If its a very certain MU or if Custom Miis aren't avaliable, I use Dark Pit. Dark Pit should be my secondary, but my mii gunner is just better even though she isn't very good.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Jigglypuff is my third main behind Mario and Rosalina. Everybody else is a secondary, those being Dr. Mario, Luigi, and Roy. There's no strategic reason why, I just love the characters.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Jigglypuff is my third main behind Mario and Rosalina. Everybody else is a secondary, those being Dr. Mario, Luigi, and Roy. There's no strategic reason why, I just love the characters.
Stop playing easy or dumb characters and just play puff.

•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Stop playing easy or dumb characters and just play puff.

•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Mario is supposed to be easy, Rosalina is anything but easy, Dr. Mario isn't easy, and Roy is just right. Luigi I won't defend, but he's so much fun.
Besides, you won't get very far solo-maining, not in this metagame. Especially not Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Mario is supposed to be easy, Rosalina is anything but easy, Dr. Mario isn't easy, and Roy is just right. Luigi I won't defend, but he's so much fun.
Besides, you won't get very far solo-maining, not in this metagame. Especially not Jigglypuff.
I said easy or dumb. Rosa fits the latter.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I mean tbh Puff is both easy and boring

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I disagree to both lol. This is the first game I play puff because she wasn't easy to play. She's my favorite character though because of how fun she was. Her combos and rest make her really fun, and how precise, relying on spacing and edgguardimg to kill, make her hard. Her only kill setups are low to mid percent rest combos, or jab to dash Attack at high percents.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I second the Waa:4wario2:,his bike allows for easy pressuring and in my experience allows for him to quickly overcome projectiles, plus he has a nice air game too, so it was never hard to get used to him (at least for me).
Sadly inaccurate now, as much as I love Wario, my Meta Knight and Dedede were always better, probably since I've played them since Brawl, so they kind of kicked him off the secondary status all the way back in March. It now goes as follows.
Main: :4jigglypuff:
Large Usage gap
Secondary: :4metaknight:
Loose Secondary::4dedede:
For Fun/Tertiary: :4wario2::4olimar::4villagerf::4kirby:
I might eventually try to pull Wario back up to Secondary, but I'm probably too focused on Puff to do that :laugh:.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That couldn't be further from the truth. Jigglypuff is one of the most complex characters in the game, and have you landed a Rest?
I find boring characters dumb.
I can't even with you. First you tell me to drop a top tier, three high tiers, and a mid tier for another mid tier, then you claim that Rosalina's boring. Are you feeling okay?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I say this as a dedicated Puff player in every Smash game and someone who loves the character. You don't have to agree.

King Ching

Smash Cadet
I use Ganon as my secondary because he is pretty much the polar opposite of Jigglypuff.

1. Ganon's moves can kill easily, in which Jigs can struggle to kill at times.
2. Ganon is heavy and hard to kill, in which Jigs is the lightest character and dies easy.
3. Ganon has better approach options such as Flame Choke, Back Air, Wizards Foot. Jigglypuff is more reactive and can't approach very effectively.
4. Ganon can take more hits so projectiles aren't as deadly.
5. Ganon has AMAZING customs such as Dark Fists and Wizards Drop Kick. So in a custom's tournament Ganon will have great moves. Jigglypuff's customs are pretty horrible with the exception of Pound Blitz and Leaping Rest.

Top Bottom