• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puff mains what are your secondaries?

chauder

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2062-9333-5806
I played over 500 matches with puff so far and I really love how she plays. I was wondering what secondaries do you guys play? I want to pick up another character that's good against projectiles because I'm having trouble with the Samus, link, DhD match ups (or maybe puff does well against them and I'm just playing wrong?).

BrianYDG

Smash Cadet
Pit is definitely a good option if you like multiple jumps and struggle with projectiles. His side b is kind of like jiggs, since it lasts awhile; is strong and can shift your momentum instantly. That and he has a godly recovery.

All personal preference and opinion however.

chauder

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2062-9333-5806
Pit is definitely a good option if you like multiple jumps and struggle with projectiles. His side b is kind of like jiggs, since it lasts awhile; is strong and can shift your momentum instantly. That and he has a godly recovery.

All personal preference and opinion however.
Nice! This is great Dark Pit is probably my 3rd favorite character to play so far besides puff and kirby
& Yeah I'm just looking for other players opinions ty

Last edited:

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
Mine's peach since their both pretty floaty and work mainly in the air.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
A lot of Puffs and myself also play Ness so maybe give him a try. Many also swear by Kirby or Wario.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Jiggs is really good vs projectiles, she can crouch under a lot and nair through most of them, plus its easy to close space with her while doing so.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
I like using Robin and Shulk but they're mostly for fun.

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
WiiFit and Game&Watch.
I don't know why c:

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently searching for a secondary. I've been rotating between Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Sonic, Ike, and Marth. I'm leaning towards Pikachu, but he's kind of hard to kill with.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
Mine is Pikachu(well more of a second Main than a secondary(sub)) Projectiles are more difficult for me as Pika but in an entirely different way. Pika can't crouch most projectiles like jiggs but instead i can get in with QA if I see them launching a laggy one.

As an actual secondary, as in Sub, I have a F!Robin. Suffice to say its a projectile war in neutral.

Last edited:

winner133

Smash Cadet
NNID
winner133
3DS FC
1161-0198-4190
Ness,shulk,kirby,etc I use alot so yeah xD

Framerate

Smash Lord
Ganon for peope who roll too much, and sheik for faster characters like sonic/greninja. Or sheik for big fatties because it's funny.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi. Still has good aerials but is much quicker in all directions and has eggs, so the spacing and pace of the fight is way different.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Ive been using mac for when I need a grounded game. Greninja for a quicker get-in-their-face playstyle. Diddy Kong for when I need items, or my opponent is using a hard to kill character.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I play Jiggs and Wario for more aerial match ups
Ganondorf and Bowser Jr. are my more "hard hitting" killers. Ganondorf is just an old favorite of mine and Bowser Jr. is a great anti-projectile characters

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
palutena and rosalina are great and both have an answer for almost everything. secondarily, i use samus, ness and zelda (ness and zelda were brawl mains). palu's up smash and uair are ridiculous. i'm getting KOs at like 60%~ and rosalina speaks for herself. annoying af but effective.

Drew English

Smash Cadet
NNID
gringaer
3DS FC
3625-9539-5058
I actually main Ness and found Jigglypuff to be very similar in air game for some reason. :ohwell:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Well puff has a really special place in my heart. I've mained her ever since 64. But in smash 4 I am really liking :4shulk:. I've invested 30h with him. But I've invested 300h with puff! But shulk is really good, he is a fun character to have as an alt.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I can't play Pit in this game, he's far too different from brawl for my liking =\

I'm thinking I'm going to start learning Rosalina as a secondary in the hopes that she'll do well against the sword wielders that can give Jiggs trouble.

Delslayer_

Smash Rookie
NNID
Delslayer
I kind of co-main Jigglypuff and Zero Suit Samus with ZSS seeing roughly tripple the matches, but Jiggs being my more consistent option in terms of performance post patch. It's weird, but while I've only until recently considered ZSS my main, I literally have to play maybe 3 or 4 matches at the start of each session with Jiggs in order for my ZSS to be on point.

Aside from those two though, my only other back up character is Diddy Kong, and I really only use him against defensive players, with strong projectile/ranged attacks; ones who both out range ZSS and are constantly able to force my approach, and those who know how to block and shut out Jiggs and keep her from approaching. Ness gets an honorable mention as my character for "I don't give a ****" matches, his recover just sucks so horribly that I don't really want to bother putting in the effort to really learn him.

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Eventually I'll figure out who my favorite secondary is, but right now it's a tossup between:
Captain Falcon, Wario, Kirby, Yoshi, King Dedede, Ness, Bowser, R.O.B., and Marth/Lucina.

I don't feel like anything's missing in Jigglypuff's game, so I take up secondaries for the fun of it and not because I need to counter something. Most of these characters are pretty similar in getting massive value out of one or two aerials that they get started either by using a dash attack or a throw.

Non-energy projectiles are the closest thing to a problem for me (but Puff does better against them than my other characters), though, so if I can eventually get used to the Smash 4 Falco then he has a shot to appear on my list.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I play a lot of characters... Almost all of which hate projectiles. My co-main is Ganondorf. My secondaries are Bowser and Dr. Mario. I also dabble in Marth and Mario, though they are far from secondaries. If you're looking for a good matchup with jiggs, I would say Marth/Lucina, Pit/Dark Pit, Wario, or Mario.

Tercero

Smash Rookie
Other then puff ive been playing as Olimar, villager and toon link. Ive been using villager the most out of those three just cause ive been playing alot of 2vs2 for glory matches and hes been a good mix up character.

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
since my jigglypuff is easily beaten by dedede i usually go for pikachu or bowser as a secondary

Last edited:

PND

Smash Champion
I've been using Mac. All my problem matchups with Jiggs get covered pretty well by Mac, and she covers the stages and matchups that wreck Mac.

. . . Except for Yoshi. I have so much trouble with that matchup for both characters, slippery bugger.

vitaro

Smash Rookie
Well I'm trying to main JIGGS and my greatest is Ganon, idk why but they can both kill early with rest or Ganons pure strength :D besides that its falco, those Bairs are too sexy ^_^

Doroco

Smash Cadet
Martha, robin, diddy. I switch to diddly if the other person is hard to catch. The other 2 are just fun to play.also whenever I have trouble against projectiles I switch to jiggs, maybe you should jump more

Akira213

Smash Cadet
I consider Marth my main and Jiggles my secondary, I find the two compliment each other fairly well.

I<3Tacos

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-3537-0736
I'm currently looking for a secondary, might give Ness a shot, his gameplay seems similar to Puff.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
My secondary would be Cpt.Falcon, because there are times when I find it to be easier to get up close to ranged characters due to his speed.

Last edited:

I<3Tacos

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-3537-0736
For a similar feel but different style, give villager a go.
Thanks for the tip, I actually like Villager quite a bit... He just is so hard to master and can be quite frustrating at times wich makes me rage-quit on him sometimes. :urg:

Top Bottom