• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puff a DDD counter?

Noraa

Smash Lord
I was just wondering your thoughts on this.
When i play a DDD i use jiggs and the match is so easy, or am i just playing bad DDD's.
Anyone else find this easy?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i don't think DDD can chaingrab JP so that tactic is out the window for him. he's one of the easiest characters to Rest on, pun intended lol. i haven't fought a good DDD in a while but i did fight a decent JP as DDD and it was a bit difficult, it may have been the online lag that messed me up but i think its an ok matchup anyway. if you can get past the Waddle Dee's it shouldn't be too bad of a match.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
NO!!! THIS MATCHUP SUCKS. DDD basically out ranges you with everything so if he plays really defensively its hard as hell to get inside his range to hit him. If you play defensively he just chucks a bunch of waddle dees at you. Its a way hard matchup.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
I'm a DDD main, and the way i see it, is you have an aerial approach, that's it, so waddles will most likely totally mess up your approach, even if you air dodge it, it'll leave you less time to DI away after making the aerial making it easier to shieldgrab. Also, DDD will be staying alive for a long time, while he can kill you w/ an utilt at probably like 90 or something like that. DDD definitely has the better end of this one.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Probably bad DDDs or ones that aren't used to fighting Jigglypuffs. Waddle Dees are annoying to deal with and his aerials outrange yours and have more power to them than yours, not to mention they're surprisingly quick. Plus, you have to get his damage way up to KO him, even with Rest, while he KOs you at pretty early percentages if he keeps his moves fresh.

Top Bottom