• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PT from Brawl w/out the Brawl

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
First thing's first: I'm new to the whole making threads thing so please excuse me for my newby-ness.

Anyway, my friend thought it would be an interesting idea if I made an actual pokemon team based off PT from Brawl.

I know that Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard together wouldn't pose much of a threat in competitive play, which is why I won't get that serious with them. Seeing as i'm trying to mimic their movesets from Brawl, here are my current PT movesets:

Squirtle: Waterfall, (UpB) Skull Bash, (Fsmash) Withdraw, (sideB) and Hydro Pump (USmash)

Ivysaur: Power Whip (UpB) Poison Powder (Usmash) Headbutt (Dash Attack) and Razor Leaf (SideB/Ftilt)

Charizard: Flamethrower, (Neutral B) Rock Smash, (Side B) Fly, (UpB) and Earthquake (Dsmash)

Charizard was the easiest one to make since most of his moves are pretty straightforward. I kept Rock Smash as a joke since it's ridiculous in Brawl.

Squirtle and Ivysaur were tough since i couldn't quite figure out what to fill in those last move spots with. I didn't want another move of the same type so i figured i'd have one physical and one special STAB. (Razor Leaf should be a Special >.>)

I can't remember their current stats and Natures since i don't have my Ds near me but i'll update that whenever i can. Like i mentioned earlier, this team was more of a joke and I probably won't bring it out in a serious battle. ^^"

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Ooh, taken down by Mic in the first reply.

It's fun to make a team based around PT in Brawl, but like you said it has no place in competitive Pokemon. I did the same by making a team following Ash in the anime. It's entertaining. :3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought it would have been more logical to mimic their special attacks for a team's moves.

Also, how did you get Power Whip when Vine Whip is bulbasaur's signature move since generation 1?

For the natures, I would go with Adamant/ Jolly for Ivysaur, Naive for Charizard and that Blastoise appalls me too much to imagine, but Impish?

Most likely Jolly for that Ivysaur

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
I'd hardly call Vine Whip Bulba's signature move since almost every grass type ever gets it.

And each Pokemon in Brawl only has three special attacks so of course you're going to be using more than just that. :x Plus it'd be redundant and silly to have Water Gun on Squirtle or something of the sort.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd hardly call Vine Whip Bulba's signature move since almost every grass type ever gets it.

And each Pokemon in Brawl only has three special attacks so of course you're going to be using more than just that. :x Plus it'd be redundant and silly to have Water Gun on Squirtle or something of the sort.
Well in the anime, bulbasaur's line is the only pokemon that used vinewhip for a long while and were the most seen using it, since Ash owned one.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yea, based on the anime, my Pokemon team always consisted of:

•Pikachu
•Charizard
•Bulbasaur
•Squirtle
•Pidgeot

the last one would end up being either a Snorlax, Haunter or Alakazam, it was pretty exciting when it came to raising their stats, good times.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like to make teams based off certain characters, such as gym leaders. I often use inspiration from the anime and card games if their team in the game is too small or boring

Top Bottom