• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PT Alternate Costumes?

Masterem243

Smash Lord
How would that work? Pokemon can't change colors (unless of that one rare occasion), so would they just have various accessories on them, like Pikachu?

Masterem243

Smash Lord
That was more shades of Purple. Besides, Mewtwo is different. Isn't there only one in existence?

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess one way to go is Shiny Pokemon O__O Which reminds me of Shiny Charizard, which is ****ing BLACK, how badass is that?! Oh, and Shiny Squirtle is Blueish Blue instead of Greenish Blue, and Shiny Ivysaur is Ubergreen with a Gold-colored Bulb. Quite the show.

Oh, and as for Pokemon Trainer's suit, I guess it wouldn't be that spectacular. Just some alt colors with different caps. Or something.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I'm thinking like various objects the pokemon have had in their possession from the show. Like A Charizard with a Bow, A Squirtle with sunglasses, etc.

Oh, and Because there's only one Mewtwo in existence, that makes him more rare then a common Squirtle.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
You're forgetting the existence of shiny Pokemon.
One of Mewtwo's alternate colors is his shiny color (the yellow-ish one).

There will probably be a shiny or altered color for each of the PTs pokemon, the PT will probably have color variations on himself, as well, and then of course maybe different shades.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
True, but if you remember, Shiny Pokemon are usually a different color then normal. Is he gonna do that for all of the alt costumes?

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
True, but if you remember, Shiny Pokemon are usually a different color then normal. Is he gonna do that for all of the alt costumes?
No.
Lol.
:[ I said that along with a shiny color for each pokemon, there'd probably just be different shades.
PTs pokemon aren't pokemon that can really wear outfits, unlike Jiggs and Pika.
Unless of course you give squirtle his gang outfit from one of the earlier episodes in the anime.
With the leather coat and the sunnies.

twerk_face

Smash Rookie
It would be kind of funny if, in the name of political correctness, they made his 4 costumes be a white trainer, a black trainer, an asian trainer, and a latino trainer.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The idea is that you would always be able to tell your pokemon apart from another. Because you wouldn't see the pokemon on the character select screen you wouldn't know who has glasses or whatever. So I'm guessing that PT will just use different colors and his pokemon will be a shade of that color or don scarves similiar to pokemon dungeon.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer is quite the generic name. Im sure that the female of FR/LG will be used at least. And the shiny colors of the Pokemon COULD work with a different color swap of the trainer. Otherwise accessories CAN be used too. Here would be my layout:

Red swap: Male trainer with normal Pokemon.
Yellow swap: Male trainer with shiny Ivysaur (yellow bulb), and yellow accessory Squirtle/Charizard
Green swap: Female trainer with shiny Squirtle (green shell), and green accessory Ivysaur/Charizard
Blue swap: Female trainer with shiny Charizard (darkest color), and blue accessory Squirtle/Ivysaur

This would fit rather nicely I think. What do you all think?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Blue Swap should be a male trainer and be based of Blue the rival from RBY. Yellow could also be a male and be based of the protaganist of GSC, Green would be the female trainer of FRLG and Purple or something could be Kris the female trainer of Crystal. Also Black would be a Rocket Grunt (Male)

McD

Smash Journeyman
at the end of this video, it does Pokemon Trainer
and Ill like the costume ideas the creater had:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEr3ikDO-cE
Its Trainer: Male & Female + Team Rocket Trainer Male & Female

don't worry, its not Jesse and James, its your everyday cool Team Rocket Characters :p

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Who?
What?

Sorry, I'm only familiar with the 1st and 2nd generation of Pokemon. And I do remember them saying that there's only 1/272 chances for a Pokemon to be a different color then the norm.

TheStumpman

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping with all my might that alt costumes are actual costume changes rather than color changes. And in the case of pkmn trainer, I would loooove if we could see a female version or at least trainers from other pkmn games, such as crystal or emerald.
And as for pkmn trainers pokemon? Hmm... well, I'll assume that the trainer's and the pokemon's appearances couldn't be changed individually, so unless they're gonna have a buuunch of differently colored pokemon characters they'll just give the trainer's pokemon different accessories. maybe.

jayhowell07

Smash Rookie
okay, you guys HAVE GOT to think about this logically. if there are 4 pokemon trainers fighting each other, and only the trainer has changed color/gender/race...how are you going to tell who's charizard is who's? we all like to imaging extreme costume changes for every character, like the Light Suit on Samus or the Magic Armor on Link...but this is just impropable. go look at the videos on youtube and you'll see that at the E for All event alternate costumes were already options, and it's just colors of the clothes changing. sorry dudes, but for those of you that don't want to see an entirely blue charizard, or an all green squirtle, then you better not play as pokemon trainer.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Pichu is the only Pokemon without a shiny form in Melee believe it or not (Red Pikachu, Blue Jiggs, and green mewtwo)

I expect similar results for the Pokemon of Pokemon Trainer

supermarioshell

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu's alt colours made him have a diferent skin tone.
blue pikachu's skin was blue-ish, red is red-ish skin, ect

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Howabout one shiny, one alt, and one alt accessory. Like, for Zard.
Shiny=Black color scheme
Alt=Garchomp\Mence\dragonite
Alt accessory=Like, some sort of thing on it, like a jacket or something.
Then regular.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Only Charizard is black when Shiny >_>
And why would you have random pokemon like Garchomp, Mence and Dragonite as alts. I think that the three they have is fine they don't need alt pokemon.
The accesories I like like Squirtle with sunglasses :)

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
okay, you guys HAVE GOT to think about this logically. if there are 4 pokemon trainers fighting each other, and only the trainer has changed color/gender/race...how are you going to tell who's charizard is who's?
You don't. Just center on you and kill anything that isn't you.

If it's team then all players on the same team should have the same alt.

It makes sense for the alts to be different enough for us to tell who's who in another case.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Sakurai told me that instead of alternate costumes for PT, you actually get alternate pokemon.

jk.

I bet its just a color shade change like usual, but I'm hoping for something more!

Eagle

Smash Lord
Who?
What?

Sorry, I'm only familiar with the 1st and 2nd generation of Pokemon. And I do remember them saying that there's only 1/272 chances for a Pokemon to be a different color then the norm.
Kecleon is a chameleon pokemon that changes colour.

Arceus is the God of pokemon that changes colour depending on the certain item its holding.

And the chances of encountering pokemon thats a different colour is 1 in 8192.

splat

Smash Lord
are you guys even sure the pokemon will change?
it's pokemon trainer - not ivysaur or charizard.

I wouldn't be too suprised if only the trainer would get a palette change..

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
How about Pokemon Trainer becomes a different trainer, like from Diamond/Pearl version, or something?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I remember someone made a suggestion a while ago that I absolutly LOVED.

For each different alt costume, there would be a diff set of pokemon from each gen. For example it would be totodile, bayleef and Typhlosion for one alt costume, etc.. They would still have the same attacks and such, just different pokemon. Of course it would take too long to do though, so it would most likely not happen :|.

VagrantLest

Smash Cadet
I remember someone made a suggestion a while ago that I absolutly LOVED.

For each different alt costume, there would be a diff set of pokemon from each gen. For example it would be totodile, bayleef and Typhlosion for one alt costume, etc.. They would still have the same attacks and such, just different pokemon. Of course it would take too long to do though, so it would most likely not happen :|.

Not to mention typhlosion/blaziken etc can't fly like charizard can.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
i think they would put items on them
I agree... that's what they did with jigglypuff, pikachu and pichu... why not with these as well? Also mewtwo is different shades... so both are good options.

How about Pokemon Trainer becomes a different trainer, like from Diamond/Pearl version, or something?
Why not actual characters... like gym trainers... brock.... misty....your nemesis?

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
They should make a Team Rocket alt costume. His Charizard would be instead Aerodactyl, Squirtle to Sandshrew and Ivysaur to Lickitung.

SpeedBreaker888

Smash Cadet
I would like to see the Shiny Versions of the Pokemon for an Alternate costume, with other colors too, I mean I know back in the older Generations Charizard when he was Shiny was Purple, then he became Black.

Also I think the PT might just have alternate colors.

Top Bottom