• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Psycho Snake Tricksies -Technique video by Psycho ******

Cho?

Smash Apprentice
lOl psycho....it's ok if you didn't "give" the wii to her.. anyone with a girlfriend knows what really went down ;)

IKWYL

Smash Rookie
Do you guys have any tips on cromsliding? I still can't seem to do it...

I do the dash attack by clicking A, then I do my Up-Smash with the A button as well...

Am I doing something wrong?

Formless

Smash Cadet
The sliding thing has to be done really fast, hit A again right after you initiate the dash attack. Of course it's a lot easier with the C-Stick, though I'm trying to use the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo so it's harder.

Great stuff Psycho, you're my hero. The grenade edgeguard at the end was awesome.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Do you guys have any tips on cromsliding? I still can't seem to do it...

I do the dash attack by clicking A, then I do my Up-Smash with the A button as well...

Am I doing something wrong?
If you just wanna do it, use the Cstick right on the dash attack impact and you should pull it off. If you are trying to do it Sans impact you gotta do it FREAKING Fast, about just before the dash attack animation and it should work. I cant do it sans hit though.

Spidah

Smash Apprentice
Thx for the tricks dude, looking forward to test that on good opponents eventhou I guess it's going to take quite a long time in order to do the nade cooking trick fast enough to avoid getting pwnd before landing it >:]

Race

Smash Lord
yeah the grenade edgeguard spike is awesome. I saw psycho do it first on one of his vids and was amazed, I didnt even know it had properties like that. I'm trying to devise some ways to actually get it on someone consistently, but it looks like the timing is really hard, though I have got it off a few times, and oh how the opponent gets angry!

IKWYL

Smash Rookie
I got chromsliding down, took me like two minutes. The C-Stick really helps lol.

Thanks for the help.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to release a much more legit video featuring most of Snake's glitches and techniques in the not so distant future, it'll probably also contain some clips from my matches that are just plain awesome.

Wombat-Slayer

Smash Cadet
You drop the grenade in the air then immediately perform an aerial attack which will cause you to catch the grenade
But how do you drop the grenade in the air? That's what I'm confused about. I can't seem to get him to drop it while air-born or so fast... can you give a button summary?

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
The button presses are probably not as fast as you think. I know I messed it up plenty of times while trying it because I was getting exited and doing it too fast.

So pull out a grenade, drop it with the shield and pick it up again.

On a classic with default controls: X (jump), Z (drop nade) > Up + A (aerial), land and throw grenade.

The parts you have to be speedy about are the initial shield-drop to pick-up (for max grenade time), and the air-drop to aerial (so you dont miss it in mid air).

Mad props to psycho for using it in the heat of battle, which is a completely different story. Dang, I thought Brawl would be less technical than Melee :psycho:

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
But how do you drop the grenade in the air? That's what I'm confused about. I can't seem to get him to drop it while air-born or so fast... can you give a button summary?
Ok first shield drop it, pick it up again with A, jump and drop with Z and aerial immediately to catch it.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Ok first shield drop it, pick it up again with A, jump and drop with Z and aerial immediately to catch it.
Yeah, it's a lot o' buttons and requires some technical skill.

Too bad Snake has to be so close to the opponent for the fuse to work right.

ZeronX

Smash Cadet
press z in the air to drop you say? for me, i've tried that but when i press Z in the air my snake just throws the grenade forward instead of dropping... and so then i can't grab it again with an aerial :confused: i'm pretty sure i'm not doing anything wrong too

weird... but i have found another way to cook the grenade similarly

the way i just practice doing it is: take out nade --> drop --> pick up --> jump up ---> throw down --> aerial (right after to pick up again) --> throw!

cromslides are pretty simple to me... all i do is run, press A to dash attack, and then move the c-stick up... i can also charge the mortar during cromslide if i press c-stick up + z!

btw, very awesome video... interesting new techniques there! there always seems to be new surprises to snake :)

how do you do the fakeout throw??

PteK

Smash Rookie
wow good stuff psyco got****, its disgusting now how much i play cuz of these little tricks. u going to evo psyco?

ZeronX

Smash Cadet
alrite, i'll have to try that later...
anybody know why when i press Z in air, it throws the grenade instead of drops it? :(

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
My goodness .... Solid Snake is sexy, Psycho ****** is sexy... Nuff said.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I'm not sure if this was known but:

You can drop your grenade out of a roll. Its the same concept as the standard nade drop, it just lets you retreat and place it where you were before you rolled.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if this was known but:

You can drop your grenade out of a roll. Its the same concept as the standard nade drop, it just lets you retreat and place it where you were before you rolled.
you can also jump out of your shield lol i always forget when holding a nade

MarthSephirothfan

Smash Cadet
psycho ******, can you please elucidate on the grenade dropping? i try doing it by releasing b and hitting backwards on the control stick, which throws the grenade in a vertical direction. I then use short hopping and snake's nair to grab it, but by the time i do it i don't have enough ample time to throw the grenade. Help?

Cho?

Smash Apprentice
i loved the video response. psycho's vid is awesome but the other video had some useful stuff in it too. loved the nade stall tactic haha.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
i thought of new grenade trick last night while i was playing online. you shield drop a grenade. grab it. then you can jump in the air and press B the grenade you are holding will drop down and you can throw or hold on to the new one. (u can do this on the ground too)

i just use this as a sort of mind game. when i do this they don't see the grenade drop they only see the one that i have throw, which has caused them to run into it.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
psycho ******, can you please elucidate on the grenade dropping? i try doing it by releasing b and hitting backwards on the control stick, which throws the grenade in a vertical direction. I then use short hopping and snake's nair to grab it, but by the time i do it i don't have enough ample time to throw the grenade. Help?
hold b -> shield -> pick up nade -> jump -> drop nade with z -> aerial immediately -> throw nade

i thought of new grenade trick last night while i was playing online. you shield drop a grenade. grab it. then you can jump in the air and press B the grenade you are holding will drop down and you can throw or hold on to the new one. (u can do this on the ground too)

i just use this as a sort of mind game. when i do this they don't see the grenade drop they only see the one that i have throw, which has caused them to run into it.
the video was only supposed to be the nade trick but connor felt like adding a bunch of stuff I was going to and probably still will make a legit video with most of snake's tricks

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
hold b -> shield -> pick up nade -> jump -> drop nade with z -> aerial immediately -> throw nade
Hmm my preferred way of cooking a nade is a little more defensive than this one.
Hold B -> Shield -> Pick up -> Short hop down throw -> airdodge catch after bounce -> DI forwards/backwards to approach/retreat slightly-> approx 3 seconds to roll backwards to throw, run at them and sh airdodge, letting the nade explode during your dodge frames, roll through them to explode, simply throw, shield, whatev..

Just throwin' it out there.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
hold b -> shield -> pick up nade -> jump -> drop nade with z -> aerial immediately -> throw nade/QUOTE]

Hmm my preferred way of cooking a nade is a little more defensive than this one.
Hold B -> Shield -> Pick up -> Short hop down throw -> airdodge catch after bounce -> DI forwards/backwards to approach/retreat slightly-> approx 3 seconds to roll backwards to throw, run at them and sh airdodge, letting the nade explode during your dodge frames, roll through them to explode, simply throw, shield, whatev..

Just throwin' it out there.
lol holy cow that's elaborate.

The aerial cooking is nice but sometimes it's best to just keep it simple IMO. That and I may be just lazy :p.

Top Bottom