• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Psi magnet as an approach?! ....hmm:p

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
I tried this out last night, and what better way to say get away, than a zap of osi magnet to the face. just run up, and use the psi magnet. Because the jumping version makes you floaty, enemies will tend to shield, but a quick run and mag in the face can be quick and unexpected. it's easier to use as as the bstick, since you may accidentally use pk fire

Trozz

Smash Ace
They can shield and counter attack. Once you jump at them with a magnet, you can't suddenly cancel it and bust out a kill move.

Try it out for yourself. I'd suggest only using this against people super damaged, so if the magnet lands, it'll throw them off stage.

Fishcake56

Smash Cadet
A forward approaching psi magnet is easy to predict and punish, especially if you fail on the first attempt. However, running past the opponent and immediately b-reversing a (grounded) psi magnet can be unexpected, especially if they predict a pivot grab and spot dodge since you can hold the magnet until their spot dodge frames end. Just watch out for characters with fast bairs.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I don't like approaches that involve running past an opponent. Too many characters are able to murder you.

Try this approach instead: run towards the opponent, spot dodge slide, then use a jab or smash attack. Way more reliable, destructive, and less punishable than magnet tricks. But try the magnet approach anyway to mix things up. =)

Fishcake56

Smash Cadet
I don't like approaches that involve running past an opponent. Too many characters are able to murder you.
That's why you should only attempt it if you can predict your opponent. Say, if you were playing very aggresively and your opponent started to spam shield too much or get shy with grabbing. I know it's situational and less reliable than other approaches, but hey, he did ask for psi magnet as an approach. Also, it's fun when you can capitalize on the opportunity.:)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The magnet is not a good offensive move. Good knockback does not equal viable approach. It's a gamble at best. High calibur players simply aren't going to fall for it unless you're extremely lucky.

Veril

Frame Savant
If you choose to use PsiM offensively, you should perform it so low you are almost jump canceling it, and do a wavereversal or wavebounced PsiM.

WR-PsiM acts as a very fast PsiM pivot. You can start to retreat from an opponant and then slide with the Jump-cancel effect; reverse direction and momentum and PsiM.

If you wavebounce it, you are less likely to get punished if the opponent shields. Plus its less predictable.

Top Bottom