• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSC8 Poll

Which one is the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Golduck is just too good. They are all fantastic, but I just really like Golduck.

Semi-bump. More people need to vote.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Golduck is just too good. They are all fantastic, but I just really like Golduck.

Semi-bump. More people need to vote.
Inorite? People need to vote especially for that Celebi, because I say that the bloke who made that sprite did a REALLY good job with it and deserves to win 1st :p;)

I don't get how Golduck is getting so many votes though. I dunno if it's actually the revamp or the position the sprite is in (same with Mewtwo) I actually find it kinda meh now that I've spent more time looking at them :ohwell:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I don't get how Golduck is getting so many votes though. I dunno if it's actually the revamp or the position the sprite is in (same with Mewtwo) I actually find it kinda meh now that I've spent more time looking at them :ohwell:
Golduck is just a horribly bland Pokemon. :\ Seriously, they've gone through 4 generations now and they STILL haven't figured out what kind of persona they want to give him, mainly due to the fact that none of them really make the thing look too excitable.

Green brought us mysterious Golduck. Red/Blue brought us stuck-up, unhappy Golduck. Yellow brought us sneaky Golduck. Silver brought us ACTION Golduck. Gold brought us just-slightly-more-in-your-face Golduck. Ruby/Sapphire brought us "hey let's see if making him skinnier will make him less bland" Golduck. Emerald brought us kewl drunken fighter Golduck. FireRed/LeafGreen brought us West Side Story Golduck. Diamond/Pearl brought us athletic swimmer Golduck. Platinum brought us OMFG SOME SORT OF CONSISTENCY (it's the Diamond/Pearl sprite but a little angrier) Golduck. And HGSS brought us pissed off and territorial Golduck.

tl;dr: Lots of different Golducks. Still really bland. And yes, I really did sit there and look at each sprite to get my take on each Golduck's personality.

And the blandness factor is actually why I didn't expect to get many votes. I ****ing love Golduck though. One of my favs. <3

ss118

Smash Master
Sneasel seems the most "revamped", since it seems closest to it's 4th gen spite than anything else is to theirs.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There have been a lot of sprites in the past which got a lot of votes that I didn't think they deserved. Thing is, with this voting system, it doesn't really matter -- people vote for the sprite they think best qualifies to win under their qualifications.

Revamps are by no means easy, and all of the revamps are quite good, so everyone deserves recognition.

This should probably close the night that Tery comes back. Unless anyone else has any better ideas.
Going by past polls, it probably should've closed sometime last night, actually (around 24 hours after it started).

So I'll close it now, and Sir Bedevere's Sneasel can be declared the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom