• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA: ROB can OoS upsmash Bayonetta's Heel Slide before the second hit.

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Title basically says it all. If Bayo hits your shield with her grounded side-b, you can OoS upsmash her whether she goes for the extra hit by holding b or tries anything else. It's not totally guaranteed if she hits you with the very very last hitbox frames (like 3 out of 26) of it by my calculations, but it's still a potent punish. Figured it was important matchup knowledge that might get lost in the matchup thread (if there's even an official one for her yet).

EDIT: Also, in case you miss it down below:

PSA (part 2): Looks like you can also just straight upsmash her out of it too.

https://gfycat.com/AccomplishedPoshHawaiianmonkseal

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, this worked because she was still in start-up. Could possibly still work during the active frames though as kuroganehammer makes no mention of limb invincibility and ROB's upsmash certainly has a tiny bit of disjoint on the first hit.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Dude this is great.

On a related note, any idea what to do to her down angled side b on shield?

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Dude this is great.

Hmm, can't say I know the situation well enough to give you anything concrete. Perhaps jump OoS -> fair?

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Hmm, can't say I know the situation well enough to give you anything concrete. Perhaps jump OoS -> fair?
That's all I've found. Although I've only gotten it to trade, not beat it.

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
That's all I've found. Although I've only gotten it to trade, not beat it.
Can you get a jump OoS -> retreating nair that at least gives you some breathing room or does the nair come out too slowly?

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Can you get a jump OoS -> retreating nair that at least gives you some breathing room or does the nair come out too slowly?
I have no idea, I'll have to test that later.

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
PSA (part 2): Looks like you can also just straight upsmash her out of it too.

https://gfycat.com/AccomplishedPoshHawaiianmonkseal

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, this worked because she was still in start-up. Could possibly still work during the active frames though as kuroganehammer makes no mention of limb invincibility and ROB's upsmash certainly has a tiny bit of disjoint on the first hit.

Last edited:

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
That's... wow, that's actually extremely useful info, thanks!

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Dude this is great.

You don't really wanna jump up and try to chase her for doing the down angle'd aerial kick on your shield. What you do wanna do is capitalize on the RCO lag she will inevitably have because she used it. The more up b's and side b's she uses in the air before landing adds to the amount of lag she suffers when she has to land. I recommend staying grounded wait for the landing and shoot a top, get a grab, or power shield a bair and get an upsmash as she tries to cover her landing. No matter what she does the lag will still be there after she uses her resources. I recommend playing this match up really defensively and charging your tops so when she does something like this you can cover where ever she tries to run and land. ROB with gyro is disgusting so getting one out vs her in neutral is a very good thing.

Top Bottom