• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Proper DI against Falco

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
This is mainly for escaping shine combos. Is it just as simple as DI-ing away? I know you're supposed to DI on the same side as the shine (as in, if you are to the right of the shine, you DI right), so as to maximize your DI distance, but the better falco players follow my DI quite well, and it's not always possible to tech. Does DI-ing the dair after the first shine up help at all? Is this character dependant? I'm mostly wondering about Sheik, Marth, and Fox.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
if you're fox
and you DI the shine up
you get fsmashed at low % and edgeguarded

so dont, just let the falco combo you to 45% and then tech out of it.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I've always heard DI the shine, don't DI the dair, and when you hit the ground at enough % press L and don't get techchased. There's not a whole lot you can do assuming the Falco can follow you.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
You stalking me, Duke?

Whoever mentioned don't use fox, I disagree with. I think it's stupid when people say fox has an overwhelming disadvantage against falco, to me, they are even, maybe even in fox's favor. I play a lot of good foxes, and I think of all characters that I'm afraid of fighting with falco, fox is top three. His shine is too easy to gay my recovery, and all fox needs is one uthrow which leads to an usmash, then a shuffled uair, followed by like two more uairs, i.e. 60 percent combo. Fox is really scary to play against.

EDIT: I had something about DI'ing against falco but deleted it. I think the general idea is smash di'ing up and away from falco's shine to avoid being stuck in one of falco's signature combos, no matter who you are. Gives you maximum distance away from the shining falco but at the same time, the di'ing up part allows you to give you the best chance to be able to reach a platform for teching purposes.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
EDIT: Double post so I will use this post to exort my love for B-Will at 3:00 in the morning.

I love B-Will,
I want to be his will.
I'm like bees and I will
be in his pants if he will
let me be in there and
if he will let me be there for him.
As long as it be in his living will.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
all fox needs is one uthrow which leads to an usmash, then a shuffled uair, followed by like two more uairs, i.e. 60 percent combo. Fox is really scary to play against.
C'mon. Fox shouldn't be able to up-air Falco more than 1 time. Smash DI anyone?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
C'mon. Fox shouldn't be able to up-air Falco more than 1 time. Smash DI anyone?
That was more of an exaggeration when I said that...however, even with smash di, I still think 2 uairs is possible, like with any other character I'd say maybe not but because fox falls so fast I would think you could (but I could be wrong)

And DI'ing up the shine is almost ineffectual as someone else put it, but it still helps.

Top Bottom