• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projectiles

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Holy Hell, they hurt...
I know you loved my alliteration there...

Anyways, I mostly play this one link, and when I can get close to him, I absolutely destroy with dairs, fairs, dthrows, and some sick tech-chasing. However, bombs + boomerang + the occasional arrow make for the most annoying wall of spam that I have ever faced. Plus, he shield-pokes me with dsmash or dtilt after I've blocked too much stuff with my shield.

So how do I dodge? I can always retreat, of course, but then he just continues the spam and I can't get close to him. Jumping leaves me too vulnerable for the most part, no matter what I do (short hop, full hop, double jump, DJC an aerial maybe, air dodge, SH up-b, all of em). Roll towards has too much afterlag, and WD just leaves me open for a bomb. I've tried confusion, but that only works once, either on a boomerang or bomb, and then the next projectile hits me.

Right now, if we played a set, we would probably split pretty evenly. However, if I could get past this ridiculously annoying spam, I would win so much more.

Any suggestions?

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
I know you said SH Teleport...but try that after he does a move and try to land behind him...

What if you run towards him and shield at the last second then do a counter attack (much like Marths facing Falco and run up shield the laser and grab or w/e)

SH disable? Kinda risky

Grab his bombs

Use some shadow balls (I dunno really >_>)

Try to throw him off by goin aggressive and WDing to him and D tiltin or somethin

Maybe approach with a B air

Somehow get a dash attack on him (cause it lasts for awhile)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Ummm... try this. I'm not sure if it'd work on practice, but it sounds good in theory.:

Charge up a Shadow Ball and stand a little bit out of hookshot range for Link.

Wait for his reaction. If he moves forward, attack!

If he moves backward, chase after him with a little wavedash.

If he tries to use a projectile, punish him. Link has laggy projectile start times and your Shadow Ball can eat through most of them anyway.

If he jumps, nail him with a Shadow Ball.

How does that sound?

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Actually, fully charged shadowball only eats through boomerang, and cancels out with a bomb or an arrow.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Shadow Ball (fully charged) comes out on frame twenty-six.

Bomb pull is thirty-nine frames.

Boomerang comes out frame twenty-seven.

Arrow comes out frame eighteen, at the earliest.

So basically, you'll nail him if he tries to boomerang or the bomb. There aren't that many Links who use the arrow, so I doubt you'll have to worry about that, and even if he does, the arrow ends on frame forty-two at the fastest and the Shadow Ball ends on frame forty-one, so he's not gaining anything.

You're right about the arrow and bomb canceling out the Shadow Ball, I overlooked that.

quak

Smash Champion
really

you're ignoring the best advice for this

i play a young link ALL the time, i **** you not

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well, yeah, shield dash is probably the best way to do it, but it's always nice to have options.

quak

Smash Champion
your option is not a good one

sheild wavedash, if your feeling ballsy sh teleport

if your even more awesome, triangle jump through them, keep in mind, you need more invincibilities frames than you think, or the bomb/boomerang will hit your tail even though you passed through most of it

Top Bottom