• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projectiles. Cheap or not!?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yesterday I fought a guy online, when he suddenly left the game. Later he replied to me saying projectiles are cheap. The only thing I did...was forcing him to approach by using Fox's blaster. He also said that he never uses projectiles because they are ''cheap'', yet twice he chose a scrolling stage. AND he mostly only uses smash attacks. Tell me guys....who is cheap?

FIREL

Smash Ace
Fox's blaster isn't even that hard to deal with compared to other projectiles ...

Learn how to deal with projectiles ...
It's part of the game ...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He's a scrub, and so are you for asking such a question.

link2702

Smash Champion
the term cheap is often thrown around by noobs and scrubs who aren't that good at the game and can't figure out ways to beat even the simplest of tactics.

judging from the description, hate to break it to you but it seems like y'all both fit the definition of a scrub and noob.

him for thinking projectiles are "cheap" you for thinking that using nothing but smash attacks are "cheap" both of you for not figuring out how to get past some very predictable playstyles

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Tbh with Brawl's wi-fi system being the way it is... I could see where he's coming from when he says that "projectiles are cheap" they are harder to shield and react to online than offline, but thats just part of the game... learn to deal with it. To answer the question are they cheap, it really depends on what character they are using. If they have a tough time dealing with projectiles, there are many characters in the roster that can reflect and/or absorb projectiles. So, no they are not cheap because there are many ways to deal with them.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Considering every character that has a projectile carries an unlimited supply, I can't imagine them being that expensive.

Penguin4478

Smash Cadet
No, I wouldn't classify Fox's blaster as cheap at all since its recovery animation is pretty lengthy. Compared to Falco's SHDL which is much easier to abuse and more annoying psychologically, Fox isn't even near being unfair or cheap. People should just learn to deal with projectiles; most characters have a viable counter, and those who don't should know that weakness and find a way to overcome it.

In my opinion, something that's ridiculously cheap is Ice Climbers' Infinite Chaingrab, which, although requires lots of practice, becomes 1 grab=1 stock. Mario's cape stalling is also pretty cheap if the person who uses it has good timing, but Mario has lots of other shortcomings that make it harder to play him compared to a high-tier character like Ice Climbers.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
No, I wouldn't classify Fox's blaster as cheap at all since its recovery animation is pretty lengthy. Compared to Falco's SHDL which is much easier to abuse and more annoying psychologically, Fox isn't even near being unfair or cheap. People should just learn to deal with projectiles; most characters have a viable counter, and those who don't should know that weakness and find a way to overcome it.

In my opinion, something that's ridiculously cheap is Ice Climbers' Infinite Chaingrab, which, although requires lots of practice, becomes 1 grab=1 stock. Mario's cape stalling is also pretty cheap if the person who uses it has good timing, but Mario has lots of other shortcomings that make it harder to play him compared to a high-tier character like Ice Climbers.

Exactly. Newer players apperently can't see the difference between cheap or not. Let's just say some of them use kirbycide and still call projectiles cheap.

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
I would say that projectiles are only cheap when they are used against players who aren't very good (although they should learn to deal with it) and when powerful projectiles (like Samus' energy beam thingy) are totally spammed. Other than that, projectiles are not cheap and can be used very strategically.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Is using projectiles cheap? No. Can a play style that revolves entirely around camping and spamming become tiresome? Yes. There is definitely merit in wanting to have fun playing a game, but as Grim Tuesday so eloquently stated: Almost every action in this game is cheap; play something else.

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anything in smash can be quite so cheap as getting hit with a blue turtle shell right before the finish line in Mario Kart. Just sayin'

link2702

Smash Champion
If that means being held in one spot by a puny fan, then not really. My friends and I always play with items off.
well the topic at hand is talking about the "cheapest" things in the game, so you might as well mention one of the most broken items in smash.

I don't normally play with items myself, but regardless, getting fan locked(or DDD chaingrab infinited against a wall iin stages such as shadow mosis) would easily qualify as the "cheapest" (god i hate that term...) things in the game.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
If someone uses IC's and finds 2 fans, you might as well put your controller down and walk away. lol

Top Bottom