• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projectile spammers?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
i searched and there was no thread on this. I don't know about the rest of you on the bowser boards but the main problem i face is projectile spammers. its okay on small stages with platforms where you can stay in close and not give them distance, but when i end up with FD (which i usually like) or something i cant stop them i usually use infinite jump or rolldodge close to them but then i get hit with a fsmash if they respond fast enough it just pisses me off how they can rack up so much damage on me so does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to approach

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
I used to try jumping over them, but a smart camper knows when to stop spamming and start using fast aerials and smashes. Now I just powershield everything or spot dodge if it's an arrow or something. If my opponent is spamming and sucks at it, I can just powershield AND spotdodge(as many times needed), then roll occasionally to where I'm forcing my opponent to stop and attack where I usually Shield and UpB out of shield.

I don't face the people who camp ALL match long, but some of the people I have friendlies with get sick of me Fairing them or Firebreathing them for damage and they end up spamming. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrn_wqsguXE&fmt=18

That video shows how effective Powershielding and spot dodging are.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Aside from D3's ANNOYING Chaingrab (And maybe falco's), when using Bowser, I find many projectile spammers to be very annoying.
Fox, Falco, TL, and ROB are the most annoying ones. Since Firebreath fails at Space animal weapons and ROB laser, and also Link's Bombs.
Samus campers can be well annoyin too especially spam Z-air.
This would be a very similar problem that of which Ganon has, but our firebreath cancels out some projectiles, like Pit's arrows when they aren't charged, and Pika's Jolts.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
guess ill have to start practisiing powershielding thanks for the help
Lol for your reference, as of this morning u can watch my newest uploaded videos against a very high level Toon Link.
Watching me fight against the spamming may help u in developing your bowsers anti-projectile metagame.
My vids are over in my thread, check em' out.

inn0cuous

Smash Rookie
These are the types of players that give me the most problems. Projectile spamming in itself isn't that hard to deal with but the turtling/defensive style is the thing that pisses me off. It's like they're too afraid to duke it out with me and my bowser so they run away like a little *****.

I can handle most players that actually try to go on the offensive cause bowser seems more like the defensive character being a turtle and all especially with his techniques. Fortressing out of shield, large shield for shield grabbing, large range (f-tilt, u-tilt) and his aerials have a pretty large range as well. High priority and the attacks come out decently fast, especially the basic a slash which is great defensively.

But bowser having to go on the offensive I have difficulties especially if they have projectiles.

Like this one friend of mine. He's really good at this style and it just infuriates me. He uses R.O.B. Toon Link, Diddy Kong, Shiek. His rob lasers and throws gyros while running away all the time with or without rolls and bowser moves too slow to punish. And if you notice R.O.B's aerials are all defensive which is amazingly annoying. Up smash is annoying, d smash is annoying. His toon link throws bombs boomerangs and arrows all the time while generally running away. Diddy kong is just annoying, not to mention his lagless dash attack. And shiek is too fast when running away. Then she throws needles at me.

Basically a hit and run strategy slowly racking on damage until they can get me off stage to which he finally goes on the offensive and does ghey edge guarding. Oh and basically I have to do almost all the approaching which is annoying cause bowser doesn't have that many options.

If its a throwable item, usually jumps above the ledge and chucks the item at the ledge with the correct timing or follows me off the edge and does normal edge guarding which in itself isn't too bad. And lasers and bombs and gyros flying at you.

Sure powershield is all I can do, and firebreath stops the gyro but then he just lasers you some more. Or chucks a bomb above you. My friend is good, just his playing style is so **** annoying. And I just feel that hit and run with projectiles takes less skill than actually duking it out.

IF you play tennis competitively which I used to. These are similar to hackers, choppers and slicers, of the tournaments. I hate them.

Bowser is moves too slow and hit and run is too effective on him.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Boswers fair cancels a Fully charged AS from lucario at %140.
Add that to your soup.
-t2

Sliq

Smash Master
Up b clanks with a lot of projectiles (the initial frames of up b) and is easier to do than powershield.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Learn perfect shielding you must to beat projectile spammer you will
agrees with you my sig does

cheers for that tedward could come in handy sometime. Sliq thanks for the input but the problem with that is im stuck at a stalemate with them spamming lasers or something i just have to repeatedly fortress and slowly it will push me back, but i agree it works good on people who have to wait before using the projectile again

Top Bottom