• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Volnutt - Currently seeking animators!

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
Up-B(Shield arm) - To be honest, I have no idea what I can do here.

How about he somehow thrusts upwards with his shield arm hand pointed directly upwards and while that happens a conical force field appears around him that pushes away foes and projectiles.
or maybe a drill upercut as a up-b like he had in tvc

Fen__

Smash Ace
or maybe a drill upercut as a up-b like he had in tvc
You might should look at the whole moveset. The character's going to change between his different weapons. The move in question is the up special for when the shield arm is in use. The drill arm is already taken care of.

Also, I've never really thought of Mega Man as a flippy character either, but I can't really think of anything particularly interesting for double jumps that really seems particularly Mega Man-ish to me, so I'm impartial I suppose.

Xigger

Smash Lord
If you tell me which polygons (numbers) need to be deleted, I could do it for you without having glitches (I once deleted all his polygons except the glow layer polygons and it acted like normal).
I have the numbers, but I've only heard others complain about it, so I'm not sure if it's actually a problem. The only real reason to delete them is to remove the glow is if we don't want it, and you've already done that. How did the anti-glow Megaman look?

BTW, Fall animations done. Finishing the double jumps now.

EDIT: Here's my view on the shield form: If Megaman is meant to have multiple forms and be able to switch between them quickly, then wouldn't the lack of a recovery move for ONE form balance Megaman? He would be able to switch to another form in midair, wouldn't he?

ds22

Smash Lord
I have the numbers, but I've only heard others complain about it, so I'm not sure if it's actually a problem. The only real reason to delete them is to remove the glow is if we don't want it, and you've already done that. How did the anti-glow Megaman look?

BTW, Fall animations done. Finishing the double jumps now.
Actually, I kinda deleted all the polygons except the glow.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Huh. Well here's the numbers if you wanna mess around with them.

0 - 13 = Arms Shadow
14 - 27 = Bigger Arms (Glow)
28 - 41 = Smaller Arms
42 - 67 = Body Shadow
68 - 92 = Smaller Body
93 -118 = Bigger Body (Glow)

Enjoy.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Actually, I'm having trouble ripping my TvC Disc, so I was wondering if someone could send me a Servbot model from TvC ready to put into Brawl. I have a cool idea for it.

EDIT: Fixed my problem, but I might need help getting the model Brawl-compatible.

Fen__

Smash Ace
EDIT: Here's my view on the shield form: If Megaman is meant to have multiple forms and be able to switch between them quickly, then wouldn't the lack of a recovery move for ONE form balance Megaman? He would be able to switch to another form in midair, wouldn't he?
Actually, I don't think that has come up. I think either way (being able to switch in midair or not) would be fine, but it'd obviously drastically change how he's built overall.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Actually, I'm having trouble ripping my TvC Disc, so I was wondering if someone could send me a Servbot model from TvC ready to put into Brawl. I have a cool idea for it.

EDIT: Fixed my problem, but I might need help getting the model Brawl-compatible.
Just the bones

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic

You've got your work cut out for ya tring to work with the Servbot. It's got no back, it's really low quality, and it's got almost no bones.

I tried to make a Tron Bonne Peach texture, but I couldn't get the servbot to work.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Looks like you had the exact same idea I did, except I just was going to do the servbot by itself.

Nessgod

Smash Cadet
Im really looking forward to this! I just hope this guy isn't going to be cheap, just a "regular, fair" fighter. R.O.B. does not have many hacks, neither does Pit, Diddy Kong, Fox, Falco, King DeDeDe, Pokemon Trainer & Pokemon, Wario, Olimar, Snake, Lucas and Bowser.

I never really liked R.O.B., this should be good.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Don't let this thread die again! Any progress? I will do a silver recolour as well as csps for my other recolours soon :)

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
I'm sooo waiting for this, It'll be a great day when ROB no longer appears in my CSS.

Eternalshadow

Smash Rookie
man... i am really hoping for this...it looks great as of now...is there any other pictures of the model or somethin

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
You've got your work cut out for ya tring to work with the Servbot. It's got no back, it's really low quality, and it's got almost no bones.
What are you talking about? Yes it does. You clearly see its back in TvC. And of course it's low quality. It's a SERVBOT. Anyway, I got it ingame but it gets stuck in the middle of the stage, and the right leg doesn't animate (same index as Toad's HipN i think). Pretty sure they're both bone issues but I'm not sure how to fix them.

man... i am really hoping for this...it looks great as of now...is there any other pictures of the model or somethin
Try my BrawlSnapshots. There's like... two pictures of Volnutt. +1s plz.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I see this has died.... yet again.... Why so dead :( Now that I'm playing TvC I can see his moveset unfolding.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'd love to see this finished too, but it needs people to actually volunteer to work on it for that to happen. He's had the request for animators in the topic heading for months.

Fen__

Smash Ace
the final bullet, locking it
Well, it hasn't been locked, but if it were to be, that would be fine since the rules say topics can be locked after 3 weeks of no updates on the project. It's not that I want to see that, but it's not a big deal either since the topic can be unlocked when progress resumes.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
So... no promises here, but I might be interested in reviving the project. I've been out of the Brawl Hacking loop for quite a while now, but it looks like the new BrawlBox supports click and drag animations. I think I might be able to animate. If I do start, I might not make much progress very quickly, but it'd be a sort of pet project to work on every once in a while.

I'd still love for someone with a more artistic side to help out with the animating, though.

Top Bottom