• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Pichu: v2.5 Released!!! - Perfect Physics update! Hiatus not over, though...

Zee-V70

Smash Rookie
I propose we make it 7.775 frames. Yes, I'm aware of the actual possiblity of that.

Zee-V70

Smash Rookie
...Would someone mind helping me out? I just downloaded the PCS's and the new discharge .pac, but I haven't seen any noticeable changes in Pikachu. I have these codes active:
File Replacement v1.3
Dynamic SD Loader
No Custom Stages (Fixes last of freezing)
"SD Files"
File Patch Code v3.5.1
Several CSS Codes

None of the other codes I have on my SD should affect this. Am I missing a code or file or something? Additionally, when doing it like this, it doesn't save the changes to My Music, for some odd reason.

Zee-V70

Smash Rookie
iirc, they aren't the same code, as I haven't had any problems before. I downloaded everything (including the MotionEtc) already, and it's just these codes that, for some reason, get rid of the effects of ALL of the codes (no custom music, no unrestricted camera, etc.). Also, where are the textures for Pichu? I didn't see them on the front pages.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
They're in my mediafire link in the second post. Female and male pichu have different textures, so go to the folder with the ones that you want.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
iirc, they aren't the same code, as I haven't had any problems before. I downloaded everything (including the MotionEtc) already, and it's just these codes that, for some reason, get rid of the effects of ALL of the codes (no custom music, no unrestricted camera, etc.). Also, where are the textures for Pichu? I didn't see them on the front pages.
File Patch and File Replacement are the same code. They don't conflict because they do exactly the same thing, File Replacement has more features and more bugfixes. I would recommend taking out File Patch since it's such an old version and unnecessarily takes up space.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
File Patch and File Replacement are the same code. They don't conflict because they do exactly the same thing, File Replacement has more features and more bugfixes. I would recommend taking out File Patch since it's such an old version and unnecessarily takes up space.
No, File Patch is newer (3.5.1), where as File Replacement is older (2.1).

Zee-V70

Smash Rookie
Can we edit the text for Event Matches? There's one where you're Pikachu and you fight Pokemon Trainer.

Also, how will this conflict with the SSE?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yes, Zee, we can. However I really cannot bring myself to dig for it; seems unnecessary.
As far as SSE goes, it won't do anything at all except change gameplay, no cutscenes or story or voicing will be changed.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yeah I can noflinch it no problem. I just dunno about the graphical effects personally.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Yeah I can noflinch it no problem. I just dunno about the graphical effects personally.
Why? What's wrong with the electric burst graphic I used? And if you say it's too drastic, I tried other graphics and nothing else either fit or stood out enough to make the hitbox noticeable for other players (and invisible hitboxes are not good)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
e_e

how about i send you the pac and you can add that in and whatever else? Also how did you do the upB fix??

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I can send you my pac with all the changes (I fixed the jump to where it used to be).
And the timer on Pichu's HiSpecialEnd controls that.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
A small little status update and bump.

We have a working melee-styled up smash, needs hitbox angle tweakin', and an improved bair animation that freezes for some odd reason.

Should be maybe a few more days.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
A small little status update and bump.

We have a working melee-styled up smash, needs hitbox angle tweakin', and an improved bair animation that freezes for some odd reason.

Should be maybe a few more days.
Tell me you did at least a little buffing for the bair, PLEASE... Either buff the range (or at least the amount of time it stays out) or scrap it completely.

Ooh, you got the headbutt smash to work?
Wait... that means I have to fix all the hitboxes of the discharged Usmash... not to mention the graphics I added so you actually know what level of power you're at ><

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
The range SHOULD be a tad better, and the IASA into uair is better, and the animation is smoother.

And sorry bout that D:

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
The range SHOULD be a tad better, and the IASA into uair is better, and the animation is smoother.

And sorry bout that D:
It's all right. All I need to do is fix the bones, though a flaming head might be kinda awkward.
What're the bone IDs for Pikachu's head?
Also, I've been playing the hell out of Pichu, so if the bair's more useful now, I will (hopefully) notice. I find my old Pikachu reflexes coming out randomly and using the bair, with absolutely no luck.
I've found that having Pichu's Thunder stun her if it hits her a very interesting mechanic, as well as a nice balancer for its edgeguarding capabilities, since if you miss, you're pretty much ****ed, or at the very least helpless to stop your opponent from recovering.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
holy crud. Kirk told me how to edit articles indepth. I now have a correct thunder and a paralyzer aerial thunder jolt. I love Kirk so much.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
YESZ HYPE =D

I mained Pichu and the Doc in melee, so its no suprise that I'm hyped

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Alright new .pacs are up!

I grow tired of making up numbers that are stuck in this small area between 1.999999 and 2.

Pichu .pointninetytrillion.

Changes

Moveset

Jab: 30% trip
Nair: Improved a bit on the proportions. Pichu looks a bit square but there isn't really anything I can do about that.
Bair: Timing improved. Should feel less intrusive and spammy. Now combos better and kills faster at the tradeoff of 0.4x speed landing. New animation had to be removed because it caused freezes. ):
Dair: Landing sped up to 1.7x, and can now slide off of the side of stages.
Usmash: New custom animation! Charging animation taken from Mario. All hitboxes hit at angle 90. Discharge added! Is now electric at 50%+ and damage/power increases with higher self-damage.
Dsmash: Discharge added! Is now electric at 50%+ and damage/power increases with higher self-damage. Hitlag normalized.
B: Aerial tjolt now has Stun2 element. Sped up aerial and grounded to allow autocanceling on fullhop without rendering grounded useless. Hitlag now at 1x instead of 0.3x. Thanks Kirk and Eldiran.
UpB: 4 frame buffer to second QA from 2.
DownB: Thunder now hits... 12 times? One per frame. Hits at angle 270 and is weakened greatly. Thanks Kirk and Eldiran!
SideB: Made slightly stronger.
Uthrow: Now has discharge! Is now electric at 75%+ and damage/power increases with higher self-damage.
Bthrow: Now has discharge! Is now electric at 50%+, fire at 75%+, and damage/power increases with higher self-damage.
DamageElec: Now when hit by an electric hitbox, Pichu unleashes a quick jolt of energy that hits 3 times for 3%.

Cosmetic

SideB: Given a beautiful sparky effect. (This has actually been in for a while but has not been in any changelists :p)

How to Play as Pichu:

Download either Male Pichu or Female Pichu from the mediafire link in the OP and place all the files in /pf/fighter/pikachu.

Credit goes to Register for the textures in the Male Pichu pac. Red, Blue, and Green Pichu in the Female Pichu pac are created by D.B.K.
As always, any questions and comments are welcome.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
How does this compare to Melee's Pichu? Is it as close as possible, or just taking what was liked and changing the rest?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Some things are similar, some are not. We aren't really using Melee Pichu for anything except a reference really.

Top Bottom